Amazon deliveries - said "handed to resident" but not received

Name
Bill
Edit My Images
No
I order some stuff from Amazon ........ looked at my order summary because the stuff had not arrived, some had some hadn't

There was this message

"Parcel was handed to resident The parcel was delivered to VV" .......... yesterday

The same message on another order

Anyone had a similar problem? ........

who do you contact Amazon? .. cannot seem to see a contact point anywhere

Sometimes just left on doorstep at this time of year, and that's with Amazon prime. But mostly they're pretty good.
Strange company really, usually superb from a customer viewpoint but by everything I've read not so good to work for.

Thanks - yes usually very very good

just spoke to them through the "chat" line - was told that sometime the agents scans the parcel before it is delivered .......... so I should get it ........ no idea what that really means as it said on the tracking info that it was delivered at 11:02 this morning - (my mistake in saying yesterday)

The lady said contact them if I do not get the stuff tomorrow????

Same happened to my dad with something he ordered last week.
His order status was showing as "handed to resident" but nothing had arrived.
He went through the "chat" thingy with them and they agreed a full refund - no quibbles at all.
The only downside being that it can take up to 3 days for the refund to be processed (and I guess even longer for you now with the bank holidays)

I've never been onto the customer service thing on Amazon, but he was saying that you can see other calls and the resolutions on there and apparently a lot of people seem to have had a problem this Christmas ???

The weirdest one we've had this Christmas was something we ordered from eBay, Paid for it by PayPal and it was delivered by Amazon logistics in Amazon packaging.

I hear a lot of delivery drivers are taking pictures of things left on doorrsteps these days, what that proves I have no idea !

Not had any issues with my deliveries from Amazon, but most of mine the drivers just leave it in my porch which suits me fine, any delivery issues I've had with Amazon they have always sorted, sometimes if I've a particularly heavy order the drivers have brought it in for me which was nice...the one I shall call it an oddity was some picture frames I'd ordered, they were sat in my porch when I got up in the morning, and then two days later I received and email to say they were ready for delivery at the Rugby Depot :LOL: :LOL: guess they had a little lag in the computer systems

I waited in for something that said it was out for delivery, it never turned up. They said it was out for delivery the next day, it didnt turn up. I then sorted it to be delivered 2 days later but they came the next day. Thing is they make you out to be a liar by saying they tried to deliver when they didn't and that p***es me off.

I had a similar thing happen to me. Two iPads signed for by the my Hermes courier in my name, which was impossible as we were all out for the whole day! We got a replacement but it left a sour taste as they said on this occasion they would replace me them but it wouldn't happen again!!

do you think that the problem is the quality and honesty of the delivery drivers? ....... rather than Amazon

Amazon are now mostly using there own in house couriers, Amazon Logistics, and they are not very good.

One of the reasons I used to use prime was because all next day deliveries used to be by DPD, who I have always had an excellent service with, now it has moved in house the service has gone down hill drastically

Amazon are now mostly using there own in house couriers, Amazon Logistics, and they are not very good.

One of the reasons I used to use prime was because all next day deliveries used to be by DPD, who I have always had an excellent service with, now it has moved in house the service has gone down hill drastically
Same here, the Amazon Logistics couriers just aren't good enough. Nearly everytime they don't deliver next day, very annoying. Although each time I complain they extend my prime membership...and rightfully so as that is the reason I've got.

Always worth hunting around outside the house. AL couriers are told to do everything they can to deliver the parcel somehow. Found mine recently under a garden trough.

My worry is I sometimes I get a message telling me a parcel has been left in my blue bin (paper etc.) Handy but on occasion we are away for a few days and friends will sometimes put the bin out if they see I am away! So far have not lost anything but...................

It's partly why I have cctv. They can't lie anywhere near as much!

Amazon logistics seem to have been OK for me. The delivery info is crap. Quite often it says estimated delivery in large letters for one day then it says in tiny writing out for delivery for that day so you nearly miss it. I complained about that so they said they'd cancelled that days delivery and changed it to the original day. Arrived on the current day ridiculously late! Useless.

Alot of the work seems to be sub contracted out to other couriers (not the usual brands) and this introduces an even larger chance of the service being rubbish.

Amazon logistics seem to have been OK for me. The delivery info is crap. Quite often it says estimated delivery in large letters for one day then it says in tiny writing out for delivery for that day so you nearly miss it. I complained about that so they said they'd cancelled that days delivery and changed it to the original day. Arrived on the current day ridiculously late! Useless.
I agree, the tracking info is next to useless. You know it's been dispatched, and when it's arrived but god help you if you want to know anything about the delivery during those two points.

I've had the same recently from Amazon Logistics - "Handed to resident". The resident being my next-door neighbour... so always worth checking with the neighbours too. Royal mail gave me a parcel for my neighbour last week, but I noticed the postie didn't put a card through their door which seemed a bit short-sighted.

Amazon also really messed up my Spyder5 order from the Black Friday deals and made a real hash of getting a replacement out to me. I assume they might have seasonal staff at the moment because it was the first time Amazon have been difficult to deal with. I find that Amazon Logistics are generally ok... not the best but things usually arrive on time.

100 quids worth of lipo batteries .......note in door - Items behind rear wheel of red car ---- Had I not seen it and drove over the Lipo's and crushed them it could have been a issue.......

I hear a lot of delivery drivers are taking pictures of things left on doorrsteps these days, what that proves I have no idea !
When I worked for interlink I was told to photograph the parcel on the doorstep if the resident had agreed for it to be left in a safe place.
It was to stop people claiming it hadn't been left or to prove a stupid driver had left it at the wrong address.

When I worked for interlink I was told to photograph the parcel on the doorstep if the resident had agreed for it to be left in a safe place.
It was to stop people claiming it hadn't been left or to prove a stupid driver had left it at the wrong address.

Yep I understand that it is to prove they actually put it there, but it doesn't prove it was left , they could easily take it away with them.
I take pictures of things left by other delivery people purely to prove I didn't leave it there when the customer complains, many don't seem to
realise that not only RM deliver parcels these days

If we're expecting a delivery while we're out, we leave the key in the meter cupboard door with a note on the front door (right beside the meter cupboard) asking the delivery person to stick the parcel in the cupboard, on top of the (closed!) recycling bin then to put the key through the letter box. Our front step/porch is in full view of the road, so I wouldn't class it as a safe place, although we have a bush beside the door which hides things from view pretty well (in fact, we've missed things left there unexpectedly for a couple of days! Luckily in good weather!!!)

Had a Amazon delivery for the lad turn up yesterday ,I answered door ,he said ,delivery for mr Barlow ,err no that's not me , then he said this is xx foxxxx avenue ,nope that's round the corner ,this is xxxx xxx road ,oh he says well I have got a delivery for you it must still be on the van ,5 minutes later he brought the right ones ,just lucky I was home

Funnily enough, I've ordered something from Amazon. It's supposed to be delivered on Thursday but I've got an email telling me it's out for delivery today. I've no idea what that means - in the past, it would have meant being delivered today but I've used Amazon enough to know that it means it could arrive any time between today and Thursday. :rolleyes:

Yep.
I work in logistics / goods - in department, and get maaannnyyyyy Amazon delivery's every day.
Since the demise of City Link they rightly said are using their 'own' couriers. We got all sorts of issues from damaged parcels (I have video evidence of how they treat the parcels),
goods delivered to places where goods CANNOT be delivered to, loads signed for by 'Smith' even though we don't have a Smith!!!

The service is going down hill rapidly.

I'm told that the drivers get paid per item delivered, which is why they are reluctant to take back anything that can't be delivered...

Which is all well and good, but the courier's idea of a safe place has in the past been my front doorstep.
I think not.

i ordered something yesterday (bank holiday) from an online store and got a text earlier saying DPD will be along later, pretty good service i thought. not amazon though...im going to be buying something there today so we'll see...

i ordered something yesterday (bank holiday) from an online store and got a text earlier saying DPD will be along later, pretty good service i thought. not amazon though...im going to be buying something there today so we'll see...

Oh that IS pretty good for mid silly season!

Someone I work with had a parcel left in their recycle bin, on recycle day. You know the rest.....

Amazon are generally great and I can't fault them. They along with many other retailers are let down by poor couriers. Corners are clearly cut in order to keep their prices low.

I get two or three deliveries a week with DPD and they always text a one hour delivery slot and have never failed in three years, can't recommend them enough. Mind you it's usually the same regular driver and he always gets a good Christmas tip.

I bought an item 9am one morning, went for free super saver delivery and it turned up at 10AM the next day. That's with no prime membership or anything.

I bought an item 9am one morning, went for free super saver delivery and it turned up at 10AM the next day. That's with no prime membership or anything.
I've had that too :)

is it a coincidence we're both in Kent nearish to a big new Amazon distribution centre?

Oh!
Where is the centre?

Back