Free amazon prime get out of free

Name
Bazza
Edit My Images
Yes
one "trick I have learn't, if you want something quick and free delivery then use Amazom prime. Oh no that ties you into monthly payments you say!!!! Wrong as soon as you have placed the order then cancel prime membership. Bit of a job to find out how as it is tucked away but a bit of searching etc
so I have just ordered a camera desktop skate slider on 4 wheels on special offer £27 less than normal price. the trick also is finding what you want at a discounted price

Last edited:
You can only use that trick a couple of times per year. Never done it deliberately but have failed to click one of the several opt out boxes a few times over the years.

I have done that quite a few times. The first time I felt quite guilty at getting something for nothing but then I got annoyed at how hard it is to avoid Prime when ordering something and I have inadvertently joined Prime when I thought I had clicked on 'no' - apparently is was 'no' to something else. I no longer worry about it and enjoy free delivery.

wot a crafty lot we are! but I say why pay more when you don't have to. So with the discount and free delivery I can get drunk on what I didn't spend.:beer::beer:

I have done it once.
Lately I have also found that items arrive very quickly even without Prime, the last order I did was on a Friday, the scheduled delivery was the following Wednesday but they arrived on the Saturday morning, less than 24 hours!

Pérsonally think Prime is quite good value when you consider what's included.

Always get freeloaders like those that watch fireworks displays without paying. Airshows also attract their fair share of parasites, even worse to be proud of it.

Bet these are the same people who are stand back fusiliers at the bar too.

Last edited:
Rich
what you say is fair enough for those that can afford, For myself being an OAP I have to get the best deal going being on limited income, and "er indoors" moans anyway whatever I buy

Last edited:
Rich
what you say is fair enough for those that can afford, For myself being an OAP I have to get the best deal going being on limited income

I'm retired too, if you are so skint how comes you can afford to get drunk?
Costs a bit more than the couple of quid you ponced fŕom Amazon

Last edited:
Well I have to find some way to pay for next years £10,000+ holiday to Norway- Faroe isles and Iceland for the two of us. ;);)

I subscribe to Prime. Good value if you buy a lot from Amazon. Not forgetting Prime Video etc.

I subscribe to Prime. Good value if you buy a lot from Amazon. Not forgetting Prime Video etc.

My wife is signed up. We're always buying bits and pieces. I washed her car today and the Hozelock gun is leaking so I'll see which one I want..surprisingly, there are several models.. send her the link and she orders it. Instant gratification..lol. She tells me that she gets a free Kindle book once a month which she likes and also a choice of another Kindle book which includes the likes of Good Housekeeping or Gardners World. Those womens' magazines cost about £6 in the supermarket. Also, there's Prime football, not that many games but they fill the gap with BT.. Here are 2021/22 schedules https://www.live-footballontv.com/live-football-on-amazon.html

So, between this and BTSport ..we pay £5 a month for that as BT Wi-Fi customers.. I get to watch a fair few games. BT keep trying to persuade me to upgrade but I only watch football and the rugby internationals I watch on TV.

So..yes, pretty good value,really.

I have full access to Amazon Prime for free and have had this for several years. My son who lives in London decided it was good value so paid for prime and noted he could link anyone else in the same household. This work well as I just use my own account as normal but have Prime. While he does not now live with us, one of his businesses uses our address and he just sets the delivery address to his London address for his own deliveries. In fact he also bought multiple licenses for Office 365 and Netflix so I also get those for free as well. I did offer to pay a share but he calculated the savings on delivery costs for his orders alone more than covered the Prime fee. My only concern is that Amazon does not pay enough UK tax but it is for the Government to sort that.

Dave

Rich
what you say is fair enough for those that can afford, For myself being an OAP I have to get the best deal going being on limited income, and "er indoors" moans anyway whatever I buy

I think the term 'old age pensioner'..OAP should be abandoned in favour of 'pensioner' :D A survey found that old age,in the UK, was deemed to be 70 plus.

one "trick I have learn't, if you want something quick and free delivery then use Amazom prime. Oh no that ties you into monthly payments you say!!!! Wrong as soon as you have placed the order then cancel prime membership. Bit of a job to find out how as it is tucked away but a bit of searching etc
so I have just ordered a camera desktop skate slider on 4 wheels on special offer £27 less than normal price. the trick also is finding what you want at a discounted price

It's not a trick, simply a way to get something for nothing that most people who have used Amazon/Prime are aware of. It's been discussed on the forums in the past. I can't see how 'finding what you want at a discounted price' is a trick either, people were doing this long before the internet/web came along ...

I'm sure Amazon know that people sign up for Prime to make a one off purchase, and then cancel their membership. They probably don't care, providing they're making money, but I think there's a cap on how many times you can do this in a particular period?

My wife has Prime and thinks it's good value. The cost is pretty trivial in the context of month to month spending, about the same as a few weekend newspapers?

Last edited:
My wife is signed up. We're always buying bits and pieces. I washed her car today and the Hozelock gun is leaking so I'll see which one I want..surprisingly, there are several models.. send her the link and she orders it. Instant gratification..lol. She tells me that she gets a free Kindle book once a month which she likes and also a choice of another Kindle book which includes the likes of Good Housekeeping or Gardners World. Those womens' magazines cost about £6 in the supermarket. Also, there's Prime football, not that many games but they fill the gap with BT.. Here are 2021/22 schedules https://www.live-footballontv.com/live-football-on-amazon.html

So, between this and BTSport ..we pay £5 a month for that as BT Wi-Fi customers.. I get to watch a fair few games. BT keep trying to persuade me to upgrade but I only watch football and the rugby internationals I watch on TV.

So..yes, pretty good value,really.

No need to email her the link, she can link you to her Prime account as Dave mentioned above.
Missus and me use ours like that, both get to use the free reading facility as well.

Still amazes me how tight people can be, not a surprise they usually have lots of money, but few friends. One person I know charged his daughter for petrol money to take her to work even though it was on his route. Someone else charged their family members a tenner for Christmas dinner.
Like the old joke about the parent who wouldn't send their kid to school in case they had to pay attention.

Last edited:
We have Amazon prime and I think it's excellent value. We have it mostly for Prime video which, along with Netflix we watch quite a bit of. The free deliveries are a free bonus.

I will say that I'm learning to check pricing before clicking the buy button on Amazon. just lately, I'm finding quite a few items are a lot more expensive on Amazon which I guess is what Amazon relies on. Get you hooked and then charge you more.

I think the term 'old age pensioner'..OAP should be abandoned in favour of 'pensioner' :D A survey found that old age,in the UK, was deemed to be 70 plus.
70 is not old!

Being 76 years old qualifies me as an OAP then

According to that poll..yes. :D

My personal perception is that 'old' is 80 plus..Many people between 70-80 are very active in all manner of ways. The WHO puts 'old' at 60...:eek: in the developed world. In that case there a heck of a lot of 'old' members on here :) Most of Europe think 'old' starts at 65. In the US 70/71 for men and 73 for women.A study found that the perception of old age changes as you age. So the older you get, the more likely you are to feel younger.

A 95 year old Finnish woman is one of the oldest people to bungee jump and an 80 year old reached the summit of Mount Everest even after four open-heart surgeries and suffering a shattered pelvis.

I think it all depends on how you are feeling physically and mentally. What I will say is that the average age of death in the UK is 81. At 75 I suppose most can expect another 10 years so I suppose 75 is old.

When you said 'old age pensioner'..well OAP to be precise.. I had a mental picture of some old chap or old dear struggling along with a walking stick and stopping now and then to take a breather.. :)

Not just if you buy a lot, my better half is an avid reader (a quick check of her library shows she has read over 50 books so far this year) so much so that I have added a kindle unlimited subscription which gives her access to thousands of books and magazines, even prime reading gives you access to hundreds of books and over 50 magazines including N-Photo and PhotoPlus for anyone interested in photography so probably saves me money.

Not just if you buy a lot, my better half is an avid reader (a quick check of her library shows she has read over 50 books so far this year) so much so that I have added a kindle unlimited subscription which gives her access to thousands of books and magazines, even prime reading gives you access to hundreds of books and over 50 magazines including N-Photo and PhotoPlus for anyone interested in photography so probably saves me money.

Good point. My wife is an avid reader too, and Kindle works well for her. It's also a bonus for me, because it's inexpensive and frees up funds for me to buy proper books ... :)

Some weird and wonderful magazines on Prime Reading.
The Aussie photo ones are very good, have to say in general they are better
than ours.
One magazine I read the other month was all about Modernist houses and living.
Another was about military vehicle and figure scale models.
Must be a title for everything, cancel scavengers miss all this good stuff.

To calculate how old is "old", take your own current age and add 10-20 years...

Regarding magazines, Libby has a great selection and can be accessed through most libary memberships. I can get the New Scientist which is normally a hundred quid a year.

Back