Bargain Amazon warehouse 20% off deals - including some photography related e.g. Lenses etc

Edit My Images
No
Had a quick browse and nothing directly stood out but definitely a few good deals on there, also I believe even though classed as used items still have an Amazon 1 year warranty so safe to buy: Link to top level page here:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/node=887...144-4e27-8c84-7acd7f018b34&pf_rd_i=3581866031

Quick example here Tamron 24-70 VC for ~ £470 https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tamron-24-...ie=UTF8&qid=1493813261&sr=8-3&keywords=tamron

Sigma 150-600mm F/5-6.3 DG HSM Contemporary Zoom Lens for £596 here https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sigma-150-...&ie=UTF8&qid=1493813443&sr=8-3&keywords=sigma

Nikon 70-200 f4 https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nikon-AF-S...ie=UTF8&qid=1493815170&sr=1-61&keywords=nikon for £730

Hope it helps someone?

Last edited:
The 150-600 comes up at £746 & Tamron £591 :thinking:

Last edited:
20% off when you move to checkout

Sigma 150-600mm F/5-6.3 DG HSM Contemporary Zoom Lens for Nikon
£746.05 £596.84

Price:

£746.05
Spring 20% Off: -£149.21
With discount: £596.84

Last edited:
Thanks for the post, have taken a punt and ordered. They reckon it is used but as new, wonder if it really will be as new?

My experience isn't great. Had a Samyang 14mm that the aperture blades wouldn't move and the mounting ring look like it had be jammed on something. Had a Nikon 20mm that came without hood (and no one sells a replica) so bought a Nikon one for £35!

However, with the Samyang I paid about £140 for, I asked if they'd discount a new item which they did so paid about £180 (IIRC) for a brand new copy delivered the next day. And with the 20mm I got about a £80 refund so was quids in! So if it's not right they'll sort it out or you just return it for a full refund.

Generally this stuff will be customer returns so not really even used just box damage, missing manuals etc. So fingers crossed you will get a good one

My experience isn't great. Had a Samyang 14mm that the aperture blades wouldn't move and the mounting ring look like it had be jammed on something. Had a Nikon 20mm that came without hood (and no one sells a replica) so bought a Nikon one for £35!

However, with the Samyang I paid about £140 for, I asked if they'd discount a new item which they did so paid about £180 (IIRC) for a brand new copy delivered the next day. And with the 20mm I got about a £80 refund so was quids in! So if it's not right they'll sort it out or you just return it for a full refund.

Not good to hear of your experiences, hopefully anyone buying this time will get decent products though.

I returned 3 Sigma 50mm f1.4 Art before I found one which I was happy with (I'm extremely happy with). Couldn't rule out packaging as a factor, as Amazon delivered the sigma box wedged within another box (so no padding around the Sigma box itself, probably the least padded lens I've bought).
So I'd suspect that most of these lenses are the ones people have returned due to not being happy with their quality.
I'd happily consider gear which is less prone to manufacture quality variation - flashguns, etc.

Will be interesting to see what arrives, shall have to give it a proper close inspection and if its not right it will go straight back.

Thanks - provisionally.

Not camera related but I've just had a punt on a satnav.
If it works - half new price is a major result.

Cheers

I paid £8 for 3x Sandisk 32gb 45MB/s SD cards - and got a £1 back for non urgent delivery.

Cannot argue!

Couple of years ago I got a Nikon 70-200 f/4 for around £650, brand new in box. Again, a bargain.

Last edited:
Lens arrived in a normal amazon cardboard box with no padding, looked alright but was a Canon mount and I ordered Nikon so back it goes. Can't say I am overly impressed with Amazon, no offer of replacement or apology just told me to order another if I wanted to try again for a Nikon mount one.

Lens arrived in a normal amazon cardboard box with no padding, looked alright but was a Canon mount and I ordered Nikon so back it goes. Can't say I am overly impressed with Amazon, no offer of replacement or apology just told me to order another if I wanted to try again for a Nikon mount one.

What did you order?

It was a sigma 150-600c, all the order details show it should have been a Nikon lens. Amazon blamed the warehouse

Eek! Ah well, they're still cheap I guess lol Wouldn't shoot anything important with them though :facepalm:
Thankfully 3 hadn't been shipped as I select no rush for non-important items like this, so I cancelled them. I've got the other three tho, I've been live chatting to Amazon and see what they'll do about it. I ain't going to the PO to return them, so interesting to see what they do.

Ive had mixed experiences with my orders (nothing photographic) ordered multipack of 12 boxes of tissues and received one and spoke to amazon and refused to go to PO/courier to return it despite thme asking me to and eventually they said keep it or throw it away, then received a couple of braun shavers which were perfect except for damaged boxes and that saved around £100 on 'normal' pricing so very happy and today received last order of a decent PC keyboard/mouse combo and saved £60 and only issue was a few marks on the keyboard which wiped off with a baby wipe so now as good as new!

I guess ultimately its a bit of a gamble with the warehouse stuff but good if you don't get a real duff item!

Amazon are usually pretty good if you email them with issues, late delivery with prime means a quick email to them and standard reply is an extra month free prime membership. One of the better problems I had was a case of wine with one botttle missing, expected a pro rata refund or return the case but they said keep the wine and gave me a full refund, didn't like to argue.

Amazon have asked me to send the cards back and they'll refund so all good. There has been the odd time when they've said keep it and we'll refund! :)

Amazon have now sent me a second Canon mount lens, not very impressed and suspect that I am never going to get a Nikon lens out of them.

Back