Amazon's Nifty Fifty

Edit My Images
Yes
I bought a nifty fifty from Amazon a couple of weeks ago and on browsing through their site I now see 4 differently priced 50mm 1.8 II mm lenses. I hope I havent got the wrong one or are these all the same. http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_w_h_?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=canon+50mm+1.8&Go.x=7&Go.y=8
The one I got was £60.00 so the price has changed but which is which I don't know. On my lens is Canon EF 50mm 1:1.8 II
52 mm. Theres the AF/MF switch on the lens too. This fits onto the 40D and autofocuses ok. Perhaps I'm just being paranoid here tonight.

Amazons listing system is terrible - it's so confusing!

They are the same lens but they are probably sold by different suppliers through Amazon, yet listed as different items. The price difference usually isn't too big.

indeed, you have the right lens. (y)

Ah but the really really really good thing about Amazon is if you buy something from them & they lower the price in the next 30 days they will refund you the difference, once you ask. I have done this lots of times.

Ah but the really really really good thing about Amazon is if you buy something from them & they lower the price in the next 30 days they will refund you the difference, once you ask. I have done this lots of times.

It's not that good when they are generally more expensive in the first place! I too have lost patience with them since the market place type system got put in place. It seems to me that you get no more protection than you do when buying from the bay so you may as well go there.

And Frank, just seen you're in Edinburgh, you could have gone and picked it up in Fife!!-he's based in Buckhaven.
George

Yeah I think I'll be using him in future, do you know if he have a shop you can go into browse ?

Hi Frank, RobbieW and I are getting two 50mm's from Kerso - just send him a PM with your requirements and he will respond, usually very quickly.

Certainly cheaper than any like lenses on Amazon. He does have an ebay shop as well if you want to browse...

Thanks for all the info guys, I'll need to calm down on the spending for a while after treating myself to a 40D a last week ;)

Wife will be wanting a new kitchen next just to be awkward:LOL:

Back