Amber

Edit My Images
Yes
My first serious attempt at a portrait. This is my daughter, Amber...

amber.jpg

I think this is a beautiful shot.
Apart from the fact she is very photogenic, I love the soft skin tones yet the eyes are nice and sharp.

I like the subtle backlighting effect and the choice of background colour.

My first impression was this was taken in a studio by a pro.

Whatever technical flaws there are, I can't see them...the overall quality of the image just bounces off the page at me :)

i too think this is fantastic,
especially as you say its your first real try,

the only thing i can think of is the background highlight over the left shoulder, slightly distracting, possibly darken it down to give a little more ballance, if you cover it up her face really jumps out at you......
but its only a small niggle

great shot

MyPix

Just to echo Bachs' comment, simply beautiful.

Tiny little insignifant thing that catches my eye is that one straggly stray hair on the right, but its nothing.

I would be soooo very happy if I had taken this shot.

Well let me add my compliments to the the others, it's a really beautiful shot and the exposure is spot on. :)

I just find the overall composition a little disquieting. The angle of the head is lovely, but I find it at odds with the space you've left on the right and the shot doen't feel quite balanced to me, as it is it leaves me wondering why you left the space on the right.

I've done a quick rotate to try to convey what I mean.

amber2.jpg

I'm not advocating you do this btw, just something to bear in mind with future posing sessions. I'll get out of here now before I get lynched.:D

Absolutely great portrait :)

hi Ribby
very pretty daughter, very photogenic, i can only echo what others have said, a great portrait. Beautifully lit, but i personally think that the catchlights(maybe a big window) is perhaps a little too large, and seems to take away from her lovely blue eyes.
great stuff.
amber.jpg

hope you dont mind, but i tried to alter it.

Beautiful shot....I'd be proud to have taken it.

lovely shot. I'd be really proud to have taken a photo of that quality. Well done.:clap:

Excellent portrait - makes a truly beautiful shot, I dont think the angle detracts from the shot myself, I think it adds informality to the image making it look far more natural - adds to the impression that your daughter is totally relaxed and comfortable (IMHO).

Honestly cannot fault it - beautiful subject, excellent colour, and a gentle softness in the lighting makes this a great capture:thumb:

Excellent shot, very bright and colourful and with a very photogenic model

If i was taking it, i would have her turn her head very slightly to that the bit of ear on the right isnt showing, might not work mind!

Superb, I would be proud to have taken that shot :smilenod: .

If I had to be picky I would have to agree with Matty/Boon , I had a little tinker with the photo and it does work a little better with the catch-lights reduced in size and the ear cloned out.

I just love this as it is, she is such a pretty model with a captivating smile. I love the richness of the tones and the focus is perfect. Stunning shot :)

im failry sure i remember reading somewhere that in a protrait it should be 2eyes 1 ear if your not shooting straight on

Wow, you should be really proud of yourself that is a gorgeous portrait of your daughter, there is an unusual depth in her eyes for someone so young which you've captured perfectly. She's a stunning girl. Well done on both counts!!

Wow. Thanks everyone for such kind remarks. I'll also think about the pointers people have given.

I'm very proud of this picture (almost as proud as I am of my daughter).

Thanks again :)

Ribby said:
Wow. Thanks everyone for such kind remarks. I'll also think about the pointers people have given.

I'm very proud of this picture (almost as proud as I am of my daughter).

Thanks again :)

and rightly so!:p

I'm very proud of this picture

Like has been said by all, so you should be.

I have no problem myself with the angle of the head or the ear showing. I would clean up the stray hairs though, if for no other reason than my wife would tell me to. ;)

Back