Amelia - Newborn

Name
Rob
Edit My Images
No
Here is little Amelia, she was a star, slept for a whole 2 hours 30mins!!!

Here is 2 shots I'd like to share. I appreciate not everyone likes this style of baby photography, and if you don't like it thats cool but I don't need to know ;)

Amelia by rob_mank, on Flickr

Amelia by rob_mank, on Flickr

Thanks for looking. :)

Love the first one Rob (y)
Not too keen on the leg position in the second.

Now I'm the opposite.

Not so keen on the first one.
I'm just finding all that pink too overwhelming. I think I would have gone for a neutral toned backdrop to break it up a bit.

The second one though, I think is just lovely.
I sort of see where Steve is coming from with the leg position and it might be interesting to see how it looked with some PP to move the blanket and cover that bit up.
Nonetheless, it really is very, very sweet and I like the simplicity of the colour palette.

Love the 1st one & the texture layer you have used. Good prop & the pink works for me (assuming it is a girl :)

Love these, the 2nd is my favourite though as the first is a little too pink for my liking and I prefer the pose in the second :)

Great work as always though (y)

Beautiful work as always Rob, the second one is the winner for me! It's so dreamy, and really captured little Amelia well - and spot on with the Taco! I always struggle with this :LOL:

I'm really not into the 'baby in a what ever' shot, but I think the first one is brilliant it really made me laugh a great use of a prop.
Babyccino...
The only thing I would change is the background as I think it's a bit to much pink but othwise great.

Mums love this these kind of shots though.

I'd agree with the too much pink comment. I'm finding when I shoot with a pink background it somehow seems to swamp the subject a bit but even with that, it's a wonderful shot.

No 2 is perfection. Like many others I'm sure, Rob's style is one I have tried to emulate with varying degrees of success but mine always seem to involve large amounts of crying, wriggling, widdle, dribble, vomit and pooh.

Great work as always.

Thanks everyone for the comments, I appreciate them all.

Mum chose the pink backdrop and I actually like it. I think all the tones fit in together nicely and with the pink being darker too. :)

Hi Rob,

Did you use composite images for these shots?

Cheers,
Iain

These are beautiful! Love them both, but #2 is my favourite :)

I've been asked to do a shoot with my niece's baby boy when he arrives in August. A bit gutted it won't involve pink or headbands :LOL:. If i can get anywhere near this standard i'll be ecstatic!

Hi Iain, I didn't composite for these images but I will composite if I need to :)

Thanks Kelly, I hope your shoot goes well :)

Thanks Dave, yea its not the easiest but a bit of patience helps. :)

I like both of these Rob and great to see a man doing this type of Photography.
Just a little nit pic would like to see a little more editing in the second image of the babys rib cage and knee, they look to me a little red and baby veins showing, but thats being really picky if honest. Keep up the great work

Thanks Tim.

Appreciate the comment and can see it too, probably just wants the saturation dropping a touch in that area, its either where the light is falling off or from where the texture has been applied. Will have a play. :)

I personally feel like with newborns you should have them warts and all so any veins or redness should be in the image

I like this rob. I'm actually heading over to get some newborn training with Elii at mini memories next week, looking forward to it

I personally feel like with newborns you should have them warts and all so any veins or redness should be in the image

I like this rob. I'm actually heading over to get some newborn training with Elii at mini memories next week, looking forward to it

I love Elli's stuff. She's got some great images on her FB page! :) I'm sure it will be an eye opener and a very good day for you though Joe! (y)

Back