Amercian classics PIC ADDED

digitalfailure

Staff Bog Cleaner 2015
Name
Brian
Edit My Images
Yes
First of many images from todays jaunt over to the stars and stripes american classic car show.

Buick
3692127690_c10bcddf27.jpg

bigger image HERE

That was my take on it Yv, the detail in the fin and rear light cluster let you know it's a classic American car and the other car gives an idea of the rest of the shape without trying to get every single detail into one car. Old yankmobiles have so many interesting angles and features they just look cluttered most of the time.

PIC added :)

The Caddy was nothing short of stunning.....hope you like it as much as I do

3695927690_3961db7e65.jpg

I would really welcome some comments on the images to let me know if i'm going the right way with my photography.

The larger image (breaks forum rules) is HERE

I've just gone through that apple calibrator thingy bob on here and dropped the white point down to 5500 K and the screen looks a tad darker now, instead of the blue caddy popping off the screen it has a wonderful greenish tinge to the paint now and the images on my flickr are almost the same as I see on the lappy and at work.

All previous images need about 1/3 stop adding to them to bring them back to where they looked on the over bright mac.

PIC added :)

The Caddy was nothing short of stunning.....hope you like it as much as I do

3695927690_3961db7e65.jpg

I would really welcome some comments on the images to let me know if i'm going the right way with my photography.

The larger image (breaks forum rules) is HERE

Ok, like it as a shot, like Glo its dark on my laptop, but thats not really any guide, everything is on this machine. My only crit is a niggling one and it took me a moment or three to work out what it was, what was making it seemed ever so slightly unbalanced and its the fact the bumper is cut off in the foreground. Just cut in a gnats nadgers too close for me, but otherwise, I am liking these images a lot. Nor sure how much processing you are doing, but they are vibrant and appealing and show some cracking detail (y)

Yv, i think i've just got to the bottom of the dark images after it was posted so future postings should be better :) would you mind testing my theory that about +1/3 (max) stop exposure increase would get the images as it would have been under bright sunny conditions.

Re the bumper / space, i'd have loved to have got that corner in but space around the cars was sooo limited.

Re the processing, they've had surprisingly little done :eek: they really were popping out of the camera.

Having shuffled upstairs to calibrated desktop, and tried the 1/3 thing, yes, I reckon you are about right, bearing in mind I wasn't there.

As for th eprocessing, I was unsure, the grass and sky said no processing, the cars hinted at some, but seems it really is the art of a great painter/chromer - just gorgeous colour (y)

the car had a few reflections of a marshal's fluro jacket cloned out and then a tad of a contrast boost added to the whole image, and the slightest of sharpening again to the whole image because i was too lazy to go around the car :D

Thanks Rob,

I am really pleased with the Caddy tbh, might even get it done at A3 and hang it :)

Chrome and bright vibrant colours ...... both work well and stunning shots (y)

Paul

Back