Critique An afternoon in St Agnes ( Provence) Part 1

Asha

Blithering Idiot
Name
Asha
Edit My Images
Yes
It's very rare I put my work up for specific crit but I thought what the heck.....I can see several errors and areas of improvement myself, however all your pointers would be muchly appreciated ....

These results come from a roll of Portra 160 shot through the Mamiya RZ67.

It's the first time I've ever shot colour film through this camera...it won't be the last!

Devd using a Tetenal C-41 kit ( water bath method for maintaining temperature)

Very little PP applied, hence there may well be some dust spots here and there.

1. View attachment 1432

2. View attachment 1433

3. View attachment 1435

4. View attachment 1436

5. View attachment 1437

Its a lovely spot for a coffee up there, I have had many an afternoon spent admiring the view. I can't offer any crit in terms of the film element, but I can say that the shots are very evocative of southern France, the pastel colours work really well.
The first shot is particularly nice with the French flag adding interest to the shot!

Thank you Matty for your comments.

I had to bide my time for a suitable gust of wid to get the flag i" in flight".....It actually dropped as soon as i hit the shutter release so was surprised to have actually captured it as it is.

I will soon be running another roll of Portra film through the same camera but this time 400 iso Portra which i've never tried....I'm hoping for very similar results in grain ( or lack of it!) and the same lovely pastel colours.

Btw, I recall Richmond very well ( a beautiful location) ....Walked many a mile around that, ( and other), areas when i lived in the UK.

Back