Critique An angel and some bridges

Name
Tony
Edit My Images
No
Cliché? Yes.
Done a million times before? Yes.
Anything new? Probably not…

… but any thoughts and feedback would still be great (y)

Thanks for looking :)

I really like the light in 1 & 3! & despite the lack of other reference points you've definitely captured the scale of the sculpture. Nice one.

1. Great, lovely light. Would have liked a slightly wider take, it needs a bit more room to breathe
2. As above, but its too tight.
3. Best composition, nice and tight but without being crammed in like the 1st.
4. I like this, but might have liked to seen the path level and the angel off level?
5. Good blue hour shot. Love the Tyneside

I really like the light in 1 & 3! & despite the lack of other reference points you've definitely captured the scale of the sculpture. Nice one.
Thanks Darren, appreciate the comment and I'm glad they convey the sheer size of the thing (y)

:)
No.1 Nice golden capture on back of the wings.
No.3 Works well in monochorme.
No.4 Nice use of path as a leading line.
Cheers Martin, appreciate the feedback and glad some of them work for you :)

1. Great, lovely light. Would have liked a slightly wider take, it needs a bit more room to breathe
2. As above, but its too tight.
3. Best composition, nice and tight but without being crammed in like the 1st.
4. I like this, but might have liked to seen the path level and the angel off level?
5. Good blue hour shot. Love the Tyneside
Steve, thanks for this - good to hear what is not so good about the shots too - guess I can add a wide angle lens to my wishlist! ;)

Although a relative pp-newb, I had a go at removing a sizeable eyesore in #5, so I'm glad that nobody has noticed yet :cool:

1&3 are fantastic, as said, great light. The golden reflection on the wings in the first is rely nice. The mono conversion works well on the 3rd. The bridge is also a good picture, have you tried that in a high contrast mono?

Thank you very much :)

I'll give the bridges shot the treatment you suggest and post it up for comparison when I get in tonight (y)

Contrasty mono of the bridges, as promised, along with a mono of the Angel silhouette too. Let me know what you think?

Reactions: ST4
Nice set, but I sound harsh but unless the angel pics are cropped, you need to take a trip back there and go a bit wider....IMHO of course, more like this of mine

Same idea, jut a bit more space either side

Loving the light on No 1 a cracking shot Tony

Les ;)

I love the light on 1 & 3 very nice

Nice set, but I sound harsh but unless the angel pics are cropped, you need to take a trip back there and go a bit wider....
Duly noted, Steve - a wide angle lens is on the shopping list ;)

I really like N01 and N05 , great images . The bridge in colour is great..
Thanks Darren, I appreciate the comment :)

Loving the light on No 1 a cracking shot Tony

Les ;)
Cheers Les, I certainly picked a good day to make my first visit to the Angel. Can't wait to get back there and try a star trail when the nights are a little warmer and my lens won't get condensation on it after 20 mins!

I love the light on 1 & 3 very nice
Alf, thanks for stopping by and leaving a nice comment - very much appreciated (y)

1 and 3 are crackers:)

Back