An answer if possible please.

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
I know I know. I had 6 prints printed today from a Tesco lab.Quality was ok and as they were just for the wife to put on her desk at work, I did not worry too much. However is there any reason why they would have had to crop the bottom off of this shot before printing? The prints were 7x5. I must admit I do not fully understand about what sizes to save to when cropping etc, but I would have thought they could have squeezed a 7x5 from this shot. Thanks for any advice.
Here is the file they had, below the red line is what they hacked off

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o125/u8myufo/IMG_5288.jpg

I think its because your photo started as a 9x9 they had to crop some of it off.But they could have lost a bit of the sky and left your cats feeet in.

Mmmm! you think eh? that dont help me much :):):)
I altered the pic again, I was thinking they could have printed it roughly between the blue lines as opposed to between the red lines.
whoops still waiting for photobucket to catch up.

The picture is square so the printing lab will cut something off the picture and usually this will be the top or the bottom to enable landscape printing format.

The best way to resolve your problem is to cut the sides so you end up with a portrait style picture

Hope you dont mind but here is a cut version....

IMG_5288.jpg

This is cut to 7x5

Mmmm! you think eh? that dont help me much :):):)
I altered the pic again, I was thinking they could have printed it roughly between the blue lines as opposed to between the red lines.

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o125/u8myufo/IMG_5288.jpg

maybe, but you cant expect them to be telepathic, they have cropped it to the most commonly accepted format, landscape. This is tesco, not Loxley, you cant expect miracles. Just make sure in future that your pictures are already cropped to the ratio you want them to be printed to. If its any halp, download a small but incredibly useful program called jpegcrops, which crops to all the common predefined sizes with ease and no loss of resolution.(y)

edit: LINKY

Thats true Matty. I suppose I could go back in and kick them with my size ten steel toecapped boots :woot: As I just plugged the usb stick in their machine this morning and then picked em up later, I shall do that one again in the morning. There was an editing facility if you wanted it but I pressed the no button. I was thinking I did not want to adjust the colour, contrast etc, but I should imagine there would be a chance to crop or rotate the image prior to printing, so I cannot really blame them if this is the case.

As opposed to ending up with a print like this, thanks guys for your help, mucho understando now :)
IMG_5288-1.jpg

Back