An assortment of my best macros.

Name
Adam
Edit My Images
No
A small collection of my best macros. All of them were taken with my old camera, a fujifilm S9600 bridge camera and raynox DCR 250 (that camera was my 14th birthday present).

Large skipper:

(I've heavily blurred the background)

Lesser marsh grasshopper:

Damsel:

5-spot Burnet moth:

(blurred and removed a twig from the background)

Backlit orange tip:

(Cloned out some background objects)

Wasp beetle:

Any comments and critique very welcome.
Thanks for viewing.

Last edited:
Hard to fault those.

Pretty damn good set you have there.

All I would do is to give the subject a little more room in the frame e.g. #1 and also have the subject a little less central to give them a little more room to look into the frame eg #2, #4 and #6

The Orange Tip is spot on (y)

Nice set there, particularly like the the Skipper and the 6 spot(y)

Definately all shots to be proud of - I would give number 1 more room on the left too but this is still my favourite of the set. Lovely vibrant colours.

They look absolutely stunning. The images are sharp and vibrant and I must admit that the creamy and smooth background adds to the beauty of these shots.
Care to share your technique in blurring the backgroundn in such a way that they did not interfere with the sharpness of the subjects around the edges? Did you just use one of the common blur tools and masking technique very meticulously or anything more elaborate to keep the edges sharp?
Thank you

A very nice selection of images, nicely PP'd as well(y)

Are you also on WAB? I feel like I've seen your username over there...

Forgot to say the first & last are my favourites from the set.

Yes Dave, I'm on WAB with the same user name.

I used to WAB a lot, but not so much any more. I'm mostly in the insects forum or the photography forum on WAB now.

The colours on that moth are superb. I've only ever seen brown ones!

What lens did you use for these?

I used the 28-300mm f/2.8-4.9 that is fixed to my fuji S9600 bridge camera, plus a raynox DCR 250.

Back