An Autumnal Morning (now with non HDR)

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
Yes
I saw the weather forecast Saturday night and they said misty and fogy patches so I set my alarm and headed out early. I dont do a lot of hdr but am quite pleased with how this has come out. Let me know your thoughts please. Have i over done it?

Autumnal Morning by ben_wtrs79, on Flickr
Thanks
Ben

Last edited:
lovely shot... the HDR is very restrained and enhances the image rather than distracts and has brought out the wonderful colours very well.. great light and composition as well... certainly top class stuff

Nice! (y)

That looks lovely, really captures a great atmosphere and it just screams Autumn, well done!

I really like this shot in terms of colour and composition but can I ask what that is in the top right hand corner that looks like an orange tornado?

I like this a lot. I am not a fan of too heavy HDR use and on this shot you have got it spot on.

Thank you all for your great comments I am quite happy with it myself as always looking back there are certain little things I would change. But that is all part of it I think and I don't think you will ever get the perfect shot. As for the detail in the top right hand side there were some funny vapour trails I have a shot from that side I will post it when I have processed it.
Thanks again
Ben

Very nice comp and colours, for me the hdr is slightly (and I mean slightly) overdone but thats all very personal preference, all in all a very good shot.

I like it, you haven't over-done the HDR and it works well for me. There's that orange tornado tho';)

I like it. I tend not to think about a process such as HDR. It's more important to me what the final image looks like regardless of the processing technique. And this is a nice looking image.

very well done, the fence leads you straight into the main or first tree. great tones also :)

It looks great. I'm just wondering whether maybe cropping a smidgen of the right hand side would work? Maybe not.

The colours are sumptious IMHO

Nice shot, works for me..make a good entry for the Countryfile Competion next year(y)

No sign of any of those autumn colours here in North Wales at the moment though:shrug:

Simon

The problem I have with HDR and it is noticable here is that the image appears to be made up of a number of separate elements. So for instance the sky is a separate photo and layered on top of that is the mist, then the trees etc. I know thats not how it is but it always leaves me with that impression when viewing a HDR image. That of course is just my opinion :)

After saying all that the scene is very well captured with good composition and a great scene. I would be interested in seeing a non HDR shot just to see the difference.

Steve

Thanks again for all your great comments I will process a single raw exposure tonight when I get home from work and post it up so you can have a look. On another note I think it must have got flickr explore last night!!! I had to turn my phone off it goes wild I can not believe how many views and favourites you get I think I had over 80 notifications this morning.
Thanks again
Ben

Hi Ben, the HDR for me all day long. Fantastic detail, and the mist has come up a treat. The HDR is done to perfection.

Last edited:
Back