An evening walking in Liverpool

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
No
Twas a sunny day for a change, so I grabbed my kit and went for a wander in Liverpool. I had a couple of shots in mind that I'd been wanting to do since I got my 10-20. Annoyingly because its so wide I kept getting flair, so I had to think and thankfully thinking gave me better shots :D

CRW_4582-02.jpg

CRW_4624-01.jpg

CRW_4630-01.jpg

CRW_4635-01.jpg

CRW_4638-01.jpg

Great pics, Pete, but particularly the ones inside the cathedral. Not so sure about #10 and #11 (IMHO - they don't say a great deal to me...), but the car trail pic with the traffic light is superb - exposure is spot on. Nice one!

Yer I was looking at #10 and thinking "hmm, #9 is better so it might be pointless". #11 was meant to be about the temple of Greek Gods on top, and a subway to the underworld beneath it. A little hard to guess I suppose :)

Lol! I've seen similar night shots with that building in before on another site... Hang on and I'll try and find a link...

#1 and #3 do it for me: great graphic images. I'd love to see #3 printed HUGE...

Arkady said:
#1 and #3 do it for me: great graphic images. I'd love to see #3 printed HUGE...

I love my wide angle lens for capturing huge things like this building. Its just amazing to be able to capture the floor and the ceiling in one shot.

Catdaddy said:
Sorry Pete, it's not the same building - it's the HDR...

http://www.ephotozine.com/gallery/showlargepic.cfm?photoid=3764071

(Apologies to the mods for posting the link to another forum... feel free to remove if you would rather it wasn't displayed...)

lol! I took a shot similar to that last night :) I went for a head on look but I didn't think it worked.

Very nice shots there, I really like the long exposure effect in no.s 7 and 8.

Been meaning to try this type of shot for a while,

The cathedral shots are great. Also like #7 and #9.

Don't think you needed #10 (#9 is better) and I don't like the composition in #8 (too busy for me).

Nice set of pics :)

That's a wonderful set there Pete! True 10 & 11 don't bring much to the party but the rest are outstanding.

Good work chap!

Thanks guys :) I've been wanting to capture a traffic light shot for a while and thanks to some random students it all came together last night.

pretty good Pete, traffic lights work really well..

/steals idea....

Like the #9 - great how you caught the reflection in the such a small pool of water - looks like a broken mirror kind of effect;)

Cathedral shots are good also:thumb:

Thanks for the comments guys :) 30 to 60 second exposures help to remove any hints of people, unless they stand still :)

Back