An expert fisherman at work

Name
John
Edit My Images
No
A selection from a series taken whilst at the right place at the right time and with the camera for once !
He had to catch it twice as he dropped it due to its size and the struggle it put up !
Thanks.
John

IMG_8072psePF800.jpg

IMG_8074psePF1280.jpg

IMG_8076pse.jpg

IMG_8082psePF800.jpg

Very good work, tell me you spent weeks watching and waiting for that shot, and didnt just walk by and snap a fe of the hip

Haha as if the bird caught an eel.

Great sequence!!

Superb photos as individuals too!

(y)

Brilliant work, the best nature photos these are

superb capture by you and the heron..

Wow! What a wonderful set of images well captured!! I tip my hat.

Very good work, tell me you spent weeks watching and waiting for that shot, and didnt just walk by and snap a fe of the hip

Many thanks everyone , and sorry David , as much as I would like to say I had waited patiently for weeks my brother and I had just arrived at the lake spotted the Heron and wham.... in he went !! :naughty:
John

Absolute brilliant set, yes you where in the right place at the right time, I love them all but number 3 is my fav.

A superb set of images i like the lot well caught (y)

Regards

Richard

Absolute brilliant set, yes you where in the right place at the right time, I love them all but number 3 is my fav.

well spotted John they always amaze me how they get such big fish down, good shots

Well spotted and captured.

Dai

Superb set of images, well captured....

A superb set of images i like the lot well caught (y)

Regards

Richard

Excellent set. Great stuff

Thanks to you all for your encouraging comments.
It did struggle a bit with its lunch but I was amazed at the fact that it could just stand there on the island and an eel seemed to come straight to him almost like a delivery service ;)
John

That's pretty amazing - a nice sequence of shots!
Would have thought the heron would struggle with something that size, but obviously within it's capabilities...
Bet it didn't need another meal for a while...!

possibly taken to feed young- great set by the way

Les :clap:

A very nice set indeed John

Whats Stover Park like, been meaning to get down there

Good set of images

Cheers Lobas

That's pretty amazing - a nice sequence of shots!
Would have thought the heron would struggle with something that size, but obviously within it's capabilities...
Bet it didn't need another meal for a while...!

Thanks John and only just as the picture in the latest set I've posted shows.

possibly taken to feed young- great set by the way

Les :clap:

Thanks Les..... I hope they're hungry !:)

A very nice set indeed John

Whats Stover Park like, been meaning to get down there

Thanks Bob.
Stover is very nice and I am surprised that there isn't more variety of wildfowl etc drawn there as it is a sizeable lake.
However, it is worth trying to go on a weekday otherwise dogwalkers and children can be a problem as they seem to be able to arrive at your location in time to scare off your subject matter ! :bat:

Back