An odd one - Makita site radio modifiers..?

Edit My Images
Yes
I guess there will be a few on here who know what a Makita Site radio is but for those who dont -

http://www.makitauk.com/products/job-site-radios/dmr104w-job-site-radio-dab-white.html

This is a fairly universal building site radio for various reasons, but for me it fails on sound quality.
However, there are many mods that can be done to improve this, and due to my total lack of skills in this field am looking for someone who would be able to carry out some for me. There are plenty of YouTube clips showing what and how, but I still feel out of my depth.

So, who do I need to look for, can anyone on here do this sort of thing, and does anyone have any experience ?

Many thanks as always !

Not got a clue on the mods but on most of the Sites I visit they are banned (not just Makita)

What are the mods you'd like to have done?

As it is, the bass is very boomy and flabby - I'd like it to have a tighter bass, and less of it. Obviously this may mean new speakers, possibly tweeters/crossovers and if it needs a new amp then so be it.
I guess it might make sense to relocate the rear 3.5mm jack to allow my ipod to be in the back along with an 18v battery.

Not got a clue on the mods but on most of the Sites I visit they are banned (not just Makita)

I don't work on sites as such - I do mainly domestic work, on my own, and as I am currently staying on site, it can be my only source of company for several days (no internet access either !)

I don't work on sites as such - I do mainly domestic work, on my own, and as I am currently staying on site, it can be my only source of company for several days (no internet access either !)

I use a UE Megaboom for home DIY, good sound, loud, waterproof and acts as handsfree for the phone :)

Is that because of the PRS, Brian?

Is that because of the PRS, Brian?

I believe that it's down to sound levels, noisy radios etc can mask warning shouts or fire alarms.

Quite a few sites have now even banned use of mobiles except in specific areas, I was even asked to remove a Bluetooth earpiece on one site.

A plasterer friend of mine has one of these and takes it on every job with him. I'll ask him if he's done anything to it :)

I've asked him, his is just standard

I complained about the sound quality of the radio feed on a job once

They told me to shut up and get on with the job they were paying me for

So I put my ear defenders back on and carried on drillin

definitely needed more tweet though....:p

I use a Hitachi site radio. Seems like a good sound to me.
It uses all Hitachi batteries or can be plugged in to the mains. I work on my own so don't have a problem with people telling me what to do :)

I use 6 Hitachi drill drivers and a torch so have several batteries.

Back