an old friend

Edit My Images
Yes
was at a day out on saturday and took some pics of some of the other folks there. i'm not sure what i'm doing wrong but the images i upload look pretty poor in comparison to what they look like on the screen before they are uploaded.....

anyway, all C + C welcome.
ronnie2.jpg
[/IMG]

really great photo, dont know what could be the problem your having....

but if your shooting in b&w try shooting in colour first and edit in photoshop or other software, get alot better quality that way and also have the colour version

but you might be doing that anyways...

my process is to shoot in raw, open in adobe camera raw and process the negative, then open in photoshop and do the rest. it was a colour photo made black and white in photoshop.

i then resize the tiff down to 800 x whatever for here and save as a jpeg. it looks great whilst in photoshop, or picture viewer on windows etc. etc. but when i upload it to here, it doesn't look great at all. if anyone has any thoughts, i'd be very gratefull as it bugs me looking at them when they aren't what i know they should look like.....

cheers

d.

if thats how it looks on tp, then id love to see what you see lol

I think if you just boosted the levels a little and sharpend a bit more it would really make the definition in his face stand out (y)

This is actually a really good uncompromising candid character study, spoiled more than anything else, by the fact that it's just looking soft.

I'm sure I must be starting to sound like a long playing record, but when you reduce an image in size for web viewing it loses definition and becomes soft - you absolutely MUST sharpen it regardless of whether it was sharpened at the larger size or not, (most authorities would say it shouldn't have been previously sharpened anyway) and this will ALWAYS be the case.

I've applied sharpening to the shot and some levels tweaks to bring out the textures and the eyes particularly, which were lacking a bit of detail, but by far the biggest problem was just that it was a soft image as posted. ;)

ronnie2-edit.jpg

Stunning photo! :)

Regarding your problem, you can check which color space you are using in PhotoShop and embed sRGB for color image or gamma 1.8 (Mac) / gamma 2.2 (maybe good for windows) for grayscale image. Hope this can help! :)

thanks to all.

i'm sitting at work looking at it and it's completely different on the crt monitor here than it is on my 32" lcd tv that i use as a monitor at home. the tv works fine but for some reason, uploaded photo's look weird on it, where as they look normal before upload etc. etc.

ct, would you mind telling me what sharpening process you used and what amounts you used?

cheers

d.

ct, would you mind telling me what sharpening process you used and what amounts you used?

cheers

d.

I just used USM several times till it looked about right which is my usual method for sharpening.

Back