An old man and his bike ..

CJR

Name
Cathy
Edit My Images
Yes
... looking out from Eastham Ferry, over the Mersey towards Liverpool, on a cold morning.

Eastham23Mar_004_merged.jpg

Eastham23Mar_001_2.jpg

I had some fun playing with these - WDYT? I think the duotone could do with being a bit more subtle ... ?

Cathy

I actually think the first one is quite a respectable attempt Cathy ... (y) ... the only thing that spoils it for me is the hard line against the horizon ... :shrug: ... otherwise it is a very interesting and captivating image imhgo ... ;)

Not so sure about the second one though ... :cautious: ... it seems over cooked in the conversion stakes and also seems very claustrophobic in composition ... :shrug: ... imhgo again ... :D

:p

thanks Venomator, glad you like the first one. Perhaps I should have reduced the opacity of the Find Edges separately more for the horizon than for the foreground, so there wasn't such a hard edge? Altho, I do quite like it ... :)

agree about the second the more I look at it. It was a first play with duotones, and clearly I used rather a heavy hand! Will revisit it and see if I can do better.

Cathy

Any better?

Eastham23Mar_001_3.jpg

I'm afraid I can't do anything about the composition, as this is the crop as I took it.

Cathy

What has happened to the first? The fence looks drawn on? Obviously deliberate, took me by surprise, not seen that effect as far as I can tell.
Edit: looked again, lots of other bits appear drawn too?

Any better?

I'm afraid I can't do anything about the composition, as this is the crop as I took it.

Cathy

Yes ... (y) ... that is much easier on the eye Cathy ... :D

Sorry I missed it just we seem to have overlapped ... :D

:p

What has happened to the first? The fence looks drawn on? Obviously deliberate, took me by surprise, not seen that effect as far as I can tell.
Edit: looked again, lots of other bits appear drawn too?

In PS7, it's Filter - Stylize - Find Edges.

Looks great on the defined edges of the pavement and railings, doesn't it?

Cathy

I'm really not keen on the Find Edges filter you've used at all, sorry.

The first image looks like the man and the bike has been superimposed on a hand-drawn image. Especially the railings. Doesn't work for me but the image has potential. I'd like to see it with different processing.

Thanks guys. No need to apologise for not liking the effect - it's something I found by accident just playing around with PS and decided to try it. :)

Cathy

Back