An Old Mill

Name
Suzi
Edit My Images
Yes
This old mill is still in use, I want to learn to take better landscapes so any advice would be great:)(y)

Thanks for looking xx

3448248940_5d73f473e6.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3638/3448248940_5d73f473e6_b.jpg

Staff Edit : Images changed to clickable links. Pictures must not exceed current forum limits as per the rules.
Please feel free to replace this with a fresh/resized image and remove this text :)

Sorry xx

Last edited:
the border is a bit harsh IMHO
a narrower (1 pixel?) border just to separate it from the background
and maybe tone down the bottom border a bit

picture itself - pretty darn good! (y)

Thank you xxx Still experimenting with borders:LOL:thanks for the advice xx

I like the pic.. but I find ym eye gets drawn to the cloud in the top centre.... It should really be pulled into the mill somehow..

Love the pic and the peocessing, cloud is a bit too bright/blown so does detract from the milld and surrounds a little too much but I love the tones and the B&W you've achieved! (y)

The detail you've caught is great!

Not overly keen on the lower border though I'm afraid! :)

Love it! I have to agree with hoverlloyd regarding the top cloud mind you - it does grab your attention a little. Is there any way you could darken it?

Cracking shot overall, very well done :clap:

Thank you:) xxx

I agree about the clouds, and though I do like it as it is, I can see exactly what you all mean;) Still finding it a bit strange, adapting to taking shots in bright sunshine, so really need to practise more, as I seem to had a few shots recently where everything is okay and then the clouds are slightly blown.

Would a filter help?:shrug:

I am rethinking the border, I was looking for something different:LOL:

Thanks for the help, I do appreciate any advice xxx

Good image, good processing and a nice B&W conversion, agree about the blown clouds, a Neutral density grad would help here.

Particularly like the pipe on the right, invites you into the composition, and provides a needed depth.

Thanks, after the feedback, the border has gone from now on:D

I shall buy a Neutral Density Filter:) and hopefully that will help with the clouds :)

Thanks x

Love the pic and the peocessing, cloud is a bit too bright/blown so does detract from the milld and surrounds a little too much but I love the tones and the B&W you've achieved! (y)

The detail you've caught is great!

Not overly keen on the lower border though I'm afraid! :)

I agree with Dark Star. Try cropping to the top of the tree to eliminate most of the blown sky. And crop a tad from the bottom to give it a pano type effect.
I've just tried it. It's a great photo.

Keith.

Back