An Unashamed Plug for WEX Photo Video

Edit My Images
No
I've sold and traded in many items with WEX over the years and especially in the past 12 months. Their service has been outstanding in every respect. Quotes have always been received within one working day. Collection has been on time and delivery to them has always been within one working day. The following day they telephone to confirm the quote and funds have been in the bank on the same day. So time from collection to payment has only been three days in every instance.

Contrary to what a lot of people believe they do buy in certain items for cash as well as accepting trade ins.

AL

Edited - typo!

Last edited:
Contrary to what a lot of people believe they do buy in certain items for cash as well as accepting trade ins.

AL

That's interesting, I too understood that they only bought in for P/X or credit. :)

I sold them all my Canon gear for cash, no trades just £20 notes and I also received my bank transfer very quickly.

I agree they are excellent - I part exchanged a lens once but didn’t realise it was for credit and not cash.

They returned my lens no questions asked free of charge :)

I have used WEX recently and found their service to be 2nd to none, highly recommend

Les :)

I started dealing with WEX a little while ago and had excellent experiences every time, on both trades and new purchases. I've been to their Glasgow branch to trade in person and that was faultless as was a recent postal trade.

Very refereshing and highly recommended. (y)

I started dealing with WEX a little while ago and had excellent experiences every time, on both trades and new purchases. I've been to their Glasgow branch to trade in person and that was faultless as was a recent postal trade.

Very refereshing and highly recommended. (y)

Similar experience in the Bristol depot and on-line at the main branch in Norwich - far better than MPB in my opinion, never once was I told they are so busy, it takes 5 days to
arrange a p-ex /purchase on in stock items

never once was I told they are so busy, it takes 5 days to
arrange a p-ex /purchase on in stock items

That could be taken 2 ways
1) Wex aren't busy
2) Wex have enough staff

Probably no.2 I'd guess.
I have also had very good service from them.
I recently had a 2nd hand Fuji xt10 go belly up which I had bought from them, after 3 months it broke, they refunded me, I bought a 2nd hand xt20 from them and a new XC35f2 just a few weeks ago. Good after sales really is worthwhile.

I find them ridiculous (as in good), sometimes I can order at about 14:00 on one day and as they use Parcel Force more often than not, the items can be dispatched that day and arrive the next. They do state its usually up to 3-4 days but have had at least 5 occasions where the above timescale have been.

I've been a fan since their "Warehouse Express" days and always found them excellent to buy from, as well as in post-purchase support.

I've brought various items, used and new, always had good service, Just brought my new printer from them, ordered on Friday, they said 2 working days it was delivered Monday morning :) being a Canon Pro1000 was far from a 'light' item...

Been in their Bristol branch, very good service there but alas it's very rare that I travel to Bristol

Recently sold a Nikon TC-2 III converter to WEX for cash. I described the item as in excellent condition and accepted the online quote, sent off the converter, then after a couple of days I had a phone call to say the condition of my converter was below theirs and promptly gave me an extra 10% on top of the quoted price. Thanks Wex.

Always had good experience with WEX myself

Does anyone know on the items they offer cash on is the cash price the same as the credit price?
Ive just sold them a lens and the price they offered was the same as the credit price.
Recently sold a Nikon TC-2 III converter to WEX for cash. I described the item as in excellent condition and accepted the online quote, sent off the converter, then after a couple of days I had a phone call to say the condition of my converter was below theirs and promptly gave me an extra 10% on top of the quoted price. Thanks Wex.
Thats just happened to me today, increased the quoted price by a tenner. (y)

think I’ll give them a try thanks are they comparable to camerajungle? They give prices online I’ve not seen any others that do

I sold a lot of equipment last autumn, some to Wex, some to Mpb and some to Ffordes.
Mpb are as good, a bit quicker too, IMO, as are Ffordes. The only downside with Ffordes is that payment is slow.
ffordes also will sell on commission for you if that is of interest.
I also think Wex have watered down their used warranty. From memory, they offered a full 12 month warranty on used.
Now it is 6 months with the second six months applying only to an issue already raised in the first 6 months.
I wish they would stop using Parcelforce who in this area are carp.

Where did you see a revised warranty, their T&C indicate 12 months warranty on 2nd hand gear section 12.2

You are correct it does say that in 12.2.
However, in 4.8 (return of faulty goods) it says after 6 months etc.
I am not sure how the 2 clauses square with each other.

I sold a lot of equipment last autumn, some to Wex, some to Mpb and some to Ffordes.
Mpb are as good, a bit quicker too, IMO, as are Ffordes. The only downside with Ffordes is that payment is slow.
ffordes also will sell on commission for you if that is of interest.
I also think Wex have watered down their used warranty. From memory, they offered a full 12 month warranty on used.
Now it is 6 months with the second six months applying only to an issue already raised in the first 6 months.
I wish they would stop using Parcelforce who in this area are carp.
I find Parcel force to be very good, easy tracking and give you a 1 hr window on the day. Not as good as DPD that give you the number you are on the route but also the number the driver is currently on, so can almost predict within a 15 min window.

Yes Parcelforce were very good when I lived in Cumbria.
In my new location they are poor.

Bought a used Fuji x-t2 from them a couple of weeks ago, arrived two days later by Parcel force - tracking was pretty good and camera was delivered at the time they said it would be.

I've bought and sold stuff to them and MPB in the past and had no problem with either.

WEX is by far the Best place to deal with for trade ins and valuations, they have been great for me updating my gear for this Season. LCE has also been good for a nice lens for my GH5.

I STEER CLEAR well clear from MPB now dont even use them as a gauge anymore....

WEX is by far the Best place to deal with for trade ins and valuations, they have been great for me updating my gear for this Season. LCE has also been good for a nice lens for my GH5.

I STEER CLEAR well clear from MPB now dont even use them as a gauge anymore....

:plus1: ;)

Les

Back