An unexpected gift

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi folks, this isn't one of the forums I frequent very much but though some might be interested in a camera that one of my neighbours gave me today. TBH, it looks like new.

He told me it has been sat in a drawer for the past 20 years so I was pretty amazed to find that the battery (which is not rechargeable) still has enough charge to work the shutter and the motor drive - just a shame there aren't any films available for it anymore.

IMG_0203.JPG

You could probably make your own disc film. Just cut little slivers of proper film about the size of your little finger nail and stick them on the end of cocktail sticks. Then put the assembly into an envelope.

Finally throw the whole lot away and make some potato stamp prints of... well anything, because you can't really tell what they are supposed to be.

Well done for rescuing the camera! But perhaps not EKC's finest hour (and there are quite a few contenders for that award).

Last edited:
It is, however, beautiful! Lucky you.

I have a couple of disc-film-negative-cocktail-stick-fans that I am content to squint at through the window without trying to figure out how on earth to get the negs into some sort of electronically viewable format.

The camera looks like a beautiful representation of Kodak's vision, but sadly trumps even APS for "most unforgiving film format".

That slinky chain wrist strap though.... o_Oo_Oo_O

Bought one from Dixons many years ago. It didn't work so I took it back and they gave me a new one (which didn't work). Another replacement but it was the same camera as the first (same serial number) so a word with the manager got me a refund.

Thanks for the comments above. I have read that the photographs it prodiced weren't anything to shout about, quality wise, but it would have been fun to try it out for myself. Guess it'll spend some time in my desk drawer instead of the neighbours :)

Back