And here we have the lovely Chloe :)

Name
Jake
Edit My Images
No
Evening all,

Right...tonight I did my first ever photoshoot.

Basically I contacted a local studio and asked him what he offered with regards to tutoring etc. Exchanged a few emails and arranged something for tonight.

was £100 which included. Full studio use including all props for 2hrs, 2hrs modelling time and 2hrs tutoring with different lighting techniques and showing me how to work the lights etc.

And I have to say that its been one of the best nights I've ever had. The model was fantastic, the guy who owned the studio was one of the most down to earth guys ever, and we just had a good giggle and I learnt absolutely loads.

Ok, the first load of pics are where I was being shown different lighting techniques and playing around with studio lights. Also getting to know the model, getting more confident with directing etc. All the pics you will see in this thread were taken by me BUT nearly all the lighting was done by the guy running the studio and he talked me through it also with me throwing in the occasional idea!!! - This first load I don't really care about C&C its mainly to show you guys how much fun we were all having and showing you different lighting and stuff.

The 2nd lot with Chloe wearing a dress I would like C&C on please!

Right, on with the pics...

First, lets meet Chloe!!!

http://www.je-design.co.uk/chloe/IMG_0730s.jpg

IMG_0746s.jpg

IMG_0748s.jpg

IMG_0751s.jpg

IMG_0752s.jpg

IMG_0753s.jpg

IMG_0756s.jpg

IMG_0757s.jpg

http://www.je-design.co.uk/chloe/IMG_0761s.jpg

IMG_0762s.jpg

to continue...

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_0782s.jpg

Ok guys, these are the ones I want C&C on.

IMG_0783s.jpg

IMG_0787s.jpg

IMG_0788s.jpg

IMG_0790s.jpg

IMG_0795s.jpg

IMG_0796s.jpg

http://www.je-design.co.uk/chloe/IMG_0799s.jpg

IMG_0803s.jpg

Thanks all, like I say, these last 8 are the ones I'm more concerned with but feel free to comment on any of them - Also full size ones are available on any of them at request.

Enjoy! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Please number your images and try not to post quite as many because it makes it alot harder to crit and more people wont bother. I limit myself to ten (and a few say thats too many.)

im not going to go into any specifically, nor am I an expert in studio shots but I do think they are good for a first go. Good variety. Quite a few seem slightly out of focus, be interesting to know what settings you used. Also I think that its great you both experimented with lots of different poses but alot look awkward and the 9th in the second set where she is leaning towards the camera makes me just focus on her shoulder, which the angle makes look big. Some of her expressions are good, some are not. If you narrow it down to ten photos I think you will have a fantastic set.

EDIT: Just browsed again and i think the third set are really good, only a couple im not keen on, she looks more confident, probably because it was the last set and you had both got into it more by that stage (just my guess). My faves would be 4 or 7 of the last set.

Last edited:
Hi there,

thanks for the reply :) - I know what you mean about the mass amount of images I did say in the OP that I'm only interested in C&C on the last 8 (which are numbered).

Thanks for the comments though :) I'll narrow it down later.

Too many to crit on really, but what I would say is when she smiled you got some great pictures. One in particular stands out.

Getting her to smile is your job, it's down to your direction and the rapport you build.

Steve

Hi Phate... well done you! That's great that you went and did some one on one in a studio, best way to learn I think!

Anyway... C&C on the dress images...

I love number 2, she looks so natural in this, best of the bunch in my opinion.

Not so keen on 5 and 6. The lighting is fab, but she looks plain bored in these.

My only niggle is her feet! I'm not a fan of feet anyway (spine shivvers)... but she doesn't have the best feet there. Would have been better if she was in some stilettos or something. (Sorry to the lovely model, she's very pretty though).

Thanks guys and gal ;)

Thanks for the comments Aimee, aye I was thinking that...for our next shoot shes going to be wearing boots though! so we'll get those feet covered.

Gorgeous model and your shots are well done :)

lol :p

Im thinking....of a winter wonderland type thing...should be fun!

Ooo... that would be so much fun! I'm envisaging Ugg boots, which are far more comfortable! haha.

I love the wintery shots where you see the images close up of the face with big fur hoods and slightly over exposed, with the eyes highlighted... do you know what I mean?

Ooo... that would be so much fun! I'm envisaging Ugg boots, which are far more comfortable! haha.

I love the wintery shots where you see the images close up of the face with big fur hoods and slightly over exposed, with the eyes highlighted... do you know what I mean?

Yep, I know very much how you mean! That's the kind of thing I'm going to go for. I may have to employ someone to throw snow all the time :D

And Ugg boots are a must!!! I want lots of white furry cloths....a good one would be Chloe smiling with a furry hat on, as well as a furry jacket...closeup on the face her her kinda smooshed so you can see shes trying to keep warm :D

Back