And people call me a "crash magnet"

Name
Jon
Edit My Images
Yes
Matt suggested when I joined this forum that I should do a thread on my most dramatic photos and as it's a Thursday evening, I have a cold beer, and the Mrs is watching Eastenders I thought I might as well!

So these are my "greatest hits" as it were! The formatting on all of them will have changed as I updated how I was doing it so you'll have to excuse them. Plus I got better as time went by...

1. My first published shot
FFFSun%20203.jpg

2. Quite a well known shot now. It was out for Race 2 a couple of hours later
240307%20465.jpg

3. Alberto Valerio going the aerial route at Druids last year
IMG_6546.JPG

4. Tyre wall acting as a ramp! October 07
IMG_0977.JPG

5. Stand your ground! October 07 again!
IMG_8839.JPG

6. Lesson 1 in how to spin under the Safety Car and take out a parked car. PASSED!
IMG_9560.JPG

7. He crumpled my logos... April 08 now
IMG_7426.JPG

8. Ooops... WTCC weekend
IMG_6000.JPG

9. So ignore the redness... forgot to change the levels
IMG_8052.JPG

10. And the latest... Sept 08
IMG_3873.JPG

I do like to keep the marshalling force busy as you can see!

C&C welcome if you want to. But just wanted to have some fun going through the old galleries!

JB

:O that poor little Elan :(

thanks for the comment with no6 - was wondering where the driver was in the 7 :LOL:

great pics :D

240307%20465.jpg

Did this one get used on the Lotus Calender?

A rather splendid set of shots. Publicity justly deserved

How much of a nancy does the marshal in the first look? :LOL:

Great set, albeit rather expensive :LOL:

You certainly have seen some crashes in your time. THe lotus shot is when I first 'discovered' you.

Gotta be lucky at times, right place right time.

A rather splendid set of shots. Publicity justly deserved

Cheers!

How much of a nancy does the marshal in the first look? :LOL:

Great set, albeit rather expensive :LOL:

You certainly have seen some crashes in your time. THe lotus shot is when I first 'discovered' you.

Any car carrying my logos usually has problems... But I have seen some big shunts in my time both snapping and formerly as a marshal.

And the Sports 2000 was close to coming over the barrier. So I'd probably have been panicking slightly too :D

Gotta be lucky at times, right place right time.

As I'm sure you know, it's all down to luck when it comes to things like this. And reacting calmly and not jerking the shot. Thanks for the comment :)

Yeap true the askill is knowing how to take it when it happens, i generally always end up at the wrong part of the circuit, or have a lens toooo long as i have to shoot though the fence lol

oh that that lotus one is great, bet the driver had hot brown pants.

Nice lens for the money, but i prefered the 70-200mm f2.8 plus the tc's if required, just wished they would remove them dam fences at race tracks, there a pain in the arse, particularly somewhere like the Hatch, you pretty much need a good 300mm+ now to get a decent shot with a media accreditiion.

Nice lens for the money, but i prefered the 70-200mm f2.8 plus the tc's if required, just wished they would remove them dam fences at race tracks, there a pain in the arse, particularly somewhere like the Hatch, you pretty much need a good 300mm+ now to get a decent shot with a media accreditiion.

I hope they dont get fence happy at Oulton during closed season!!

That last one didnt end up roof in the barrier did it?

Fortunately not. He was rotating so fast he hit the wall side on and was able to jump out. Lucky boy.

For the sake of clarification, everyone walked away. A few may have taken a few minutes to get their thoughts together first though...

Wasnt the crash i saw then, and yes the guy i saw walked away after taking about 5min to right the car first. Those singles do seem to tip easily at Druids,

Wowsers JB, you got some amazing shots there.

hmmm, looking at the shots, i think you need to stop using flash so much, look at how many cars your totalling!!:coat:

nice shots btw, never seen any of them before, really like the lotus in flames one

Cracking captures, made me fair jealous.

I suppose it was the shot so far... it did a bit for me but I didn't know how to exploit it so well as it was only my 4th day with the cameras really!

Anyway, trucks in the rain tomorrow. We'll try and improve that.

Back