... and what *my* postman brought

Ambermile

A Whole Lot of Sparkle..
Name
Arthur
Edit My Images
No
Came home from shopping (Tesco, wife, horridhorridhorrid) to be met by Mr Parcelforce. Two parcels... while I was signing Mr Postman pulled up with two more!

I got my beautiful F90x at last (again), the drop-dead-sexy Minolta Dynax 7 :love: , a *very* nice AR 135mm lens and a cheapie flatbed scanner that does films too.

delivery.jpg

Dynax 7D should arrive tomorrow... :nuts:

Arthur

PS - had to put a huge amount of kit on the bay of E's to pay for this lot! We must be mad...:bonk:

HHMMM tasty kit.

Did your missus not go bonkers when that lot arrived? I get the inquisition when I get 1 parcel! And nobody expects the spanish inquisition...

Put the kettle on and get those instruction books out.

Yeah, that Dynax can do everything bar making the tea

Did your missus not go bonkers when that lot arrived? I get the inquisition when I get 1 parcel! And nobody expects the spanish inquisition...

Ha - I'm not stupid... I made a point last night of showing her the big list of stuff on the bay, fair's fair I said, it's a nett loss :LOL:

That Nikon is gorgeous. I don't like how 'curvy' modern SLRs are.

Ha - I'm not stupid... I made a point last night of showing her the big list of stuff on the bay, fair's fair I said, it's a nett loss :LOL:

Neither is your wife, I suspect! I have tried that method with the wife's shoes- 1 in and 1 out but she is always trying to justify that extra pair that sneak in! ;) Nice selection by the way!

:LOL: I meant Tesco + wife = horridhorridhorrid ... but stop interupting me - this Dynax manual is half an inch thick! *

Arthur

* do you know, the built in flash can control several off camera flashes with a sort of morse code? It can make multiple outside fill-flash imaging a doddle as it checks light levels *while the flashes are firing* and tells them when to stop!

:LOL: I meant Tesco + wife = horridhorridhorrid ... but stop interupting me - this Dynax manual is half an inch thick! *

Arthur
:LOL::LOL::LOL:

* do you know, the built in flash can control several off camera flashes with a sort of morse code? It can make multiple outside fill-flash imaging a doddle as it checks light levels *while the flashes are firing* and tells them when to stop!

That's very,very, very clever :)

Oh all right Arthur, you're postman wins.

Nice looking kit though....

Andy

Might as well just get a Vivita 285 or 283 flash, they do exactly the same with the light sensor on the front and they are dead powerful! 36m GN.

Just got a 285 and itching to try it out when I have some time to take some pictures.

Yeah, but they can't control the camera as well :LOL:

Can do multiple multi exposures, even rewinding to *any* previous frame for a double exposure or more. And if it's one of the last 7 films through the camera, you can even re-insert a film and double expose a particular frame - Cool!

7D Arrived today :eek:

Can you tell which is which?

twins.jpg

Guessing the 7D is on the left?

The right one looks very similar to a Dynax 9 that I saw on the internet going for loads of cash the other day so I am guessing that that is the Dynax 7?

I can see why the Dynax 9 goes for loads, its spec is actually pretty astounding, a 1/12000 top shutter speed amazes me as to how anything can be engineered to travel that fast.

Minolta from what I can see used to be quite innovative, they made the first really successful AF SLR as they designed the appropriate technology for example. I don't really see that with Sony DSLR's, most of their technologies just seem to be built upon slightly improved Konica-Minolta technologies like the super-steady-shot vibration reduction.

You should be storing the jar of Hellmans Mayo in the fridge really :D

I was hungry :LOL:

The 7D is indeed on the left, I thought about the 9 but decided that for the extra shutter speed alone it was not worth the cost... as it was the 7 was scary-price. The two (7 + 7D) are a great pair, both just about the same in use so swapping from one to the other is a piece of cake... and whilst sometimes it is nice to field the "Is that a film camera? Does anybody still use those? Why don't you use digital then?" sort of question, at a (long) look even the 7 looks digital! Kind of like a stealth film camera :LOL:

And they both have proper knobs, not those silly wheely things that are everywhere these days... OK, they do have one of those wheely things each, but they got knobs as well :D

Arthur

PS - Minolta pretty much wrote the book on modern film bodies... pity the lenses are so damned ugly :(

Nice deal Mr X... especially on the mirror lens :D

Nice deal Mr X... especially on the mirror lens :D

Well the mirror lens is a Hanimex 500mm f8 in T mount (adapter supplied) and what little info I can get on the net isn't great so far...I used a roll of film up today to test everything out and robbed the kit of a nice sigma petal hood for my Canon lens.

Somewhat embarassingly, I forgot I bought this wee beastie that arrived today. Seen here with a rather neat little 35mm f/2.8 it came with no battery cover and hence no confirmed meter. It now has a battery cover... and a confirmed meter :D

IMG_29111.jpg

This again is one of those I have been after for a while, gives me a reason to keep hold of the little set of white lenses!

Arthur

PS - bit worried now, just looked at my Ebay won list... :help:

Back