And You Thought Cameras Were Expensive...

f*** me thats expensive

Musicground is a fantastic shop, I havent been in for around 15 years.

I think they overinflate the prices a little, but even so, it ain't everyday that one of those things pops up! :love:

:( Bit out of my range, I think I'll bid on that 5D instead :p

;)

I'll have two!!! :D

Ohh I went on the American site and it makes it even worse! It is a beautiful guitar though. But I sure wouldn't play it.

yeah its a beautiful guitar, but what warrents it to be of that value?

Absolutely nothing if you strip it to its bare bones... but if you consider that there were only 1500 Les Paul Standards made in 1959 (of which this would appear to be one, despite the 1960 serial number), almost all of them are going to have some kind of heritage when it comes to ownership. And it's true - they just don't make them like they used to - there were some real dogs about, but I've been lucky enough to gig with a good 59 Les Paul and it's almost a religious experience! :love:

ah ok, ive played a gibson les paul before, but clearly not with the same vision you have. i was like.. yeah its alright, but it aint got enough frets, and wheres the floyd rose???! doh!

The Edge paid more than that when he bought his original explorer. I hadnt heard of them till i read he bought it from them, if they have clients like The Edge you would of thought they would have no problem shifting such an item and Ebay wouldnt be where they flog their gear. Unless its a mistake?

Either way, why the hell do rockstars pick such sad names? oooh "The Edge" must be a good guitar he has a name that sounds like the green leafy walls round my garden :thinking:

chuffing eck thats a beasty

that's a lot of money for a guitar but I suppose it's like any other collectible, value is dependent on what someone will pay. Same way as a stradivarius fiddle is a bit pricey. :p

The Edge paid more than that when he bought his original explorer.

That'll be because Gibson only shipped 19 Explorers in 1959... Billy Gibbons has another one of them... They were going for £100k 10 years ago! Eeeek!

Better not let my other half see that... I'll be coming home from work to find the house up for sale :eek: :LOL:

Pfff...

I'll be the first to say that that's a ridiculous amount of money for a guitar with no known heritage. Granted, it's old and rare, but blimming heck that is a lot of ££££££! I'd rather have some nice new Canon gear, a new car, a new house, a new hifi and some nice beer with that money.

I can't play the guitar btw ;)

Back