Android/iPhone apps for film photography?

Name
Brian
Edit My Images
No
Most of us usually have our phone with us, some of us usually have a camera with us and in my case it's more often a film camera than anything else nowadays. Has anyone seen a photographers notebook app for android or iPhone? I'd like to be able to tag info on shots to add to the exif once scanned. Full exposure and lens when I'm looking to learn from a tricky shot, just lens info otherwise! It sounds like an obvious thing to have, but I've not been able to find anything suitable!

Never seen a notebook app specifically. Perhaps one of the spreadsheet programs could have one knocked up for it? Apps wise I have the Massive Dev chart one and one caller light meter. Both have been useful so far and the lightmeter seems pretty accurate, I used it with my lubitel 2 with some sucess.

I use FilmEXIF Lite - free app for iPhone. I think it's what you're looking for.

There's a paid-for version, simply titled FilmEXIF which also does GPS tagging.

It's very neat. The only bugbear I have with it is that you can't easily edit details afterward if you've made an error.

that FilmExif looks just the ticket - anyone seen something similar for Android?

Yup, FilmExif is the kind of thing I was looking for. I've seen TinyLightMeter for Android too before and it looks pretty good, but isn't happy with the camera on my HTC Desire which doesn't return exif info.

Massive Dev Chart is great!

Photo Tools on Android is also pretty good - it has a notebook, but I'd want something a bit faster for recording shooting details.

Not found anything like filmexif but I do use Shadowfacts - very useful for sunrise/sunset type stuff similar to focalware on the iphone, but free, importantly.

I find a pencil and pad easier to use in the field than an app on a phone. At the moment I just print off a form I prepared as I need it, but I have wondered if there was enough interest to get a short-run of pocket-pads printed.

I do have a couple of apps for weather, tide and sea states.

Back