Android phone with decent camera ideally under £300 suggestions please..

Edit My Images
Yes
I've had Xiaomi phones for a few years now, and am more than happy with the idea of quality and low price.
Black Friday is approaching, and my current phone is getting old so... I'm looking at possibly getting something new.
Screen size really needs to be 6.5" or below and I'd like a fairly decent camera and battery. I don't do selfies (have you seen my face ?) but a zoom and wide angle might be nice if optical.
Otherwise I'm not too fussy.
Xiaomi's Poco X3 is looking good but a bit too big, the M10 lite might be just about perfect, but are there any others I should look at, and if so why ?
Thanks for any help !

If you are willing to buy used you can probably pick up an used pixel 4 for around your budget. From what I hear the best camera phones are the pixels and iPhones.

I also have the xiomi pocophone I bought from this forum. Works very well. The camera seems nice enough.

I'd be interested in hearing what people think on this forum. It doesn't seem as straight forward or straight cut to compare phone cameras as it is normal ones as a lot of it down to the software and processing behind the actual camera. It seems iPhone and Google leads in this respect from just reading online but I may be wrong.
I had thought about making a similar thread myself so I'll keep an eye on here too :)

Nokia 7.2? (Although the 7.3 is due imminently) gets at least 2 years of updates (3 of security) and the biggies for me: dual SIM so I don't have to carry my phone & work phone (simply turn off the work SIM when I'm not on call) & removable storage.

Have you considered something like the Pixel 4a? It a tad more than your budget but the camera is very good and battery lasts ages.

Thanks for your replies - The Pixel certainly gets some love despite it's fairly unexciting specs (well, if you find that sort of thing exciting..) so yes, it is on the list.
I don't know the Samsung A70 or the Nokia 7.2 so will have a look. Daughter has a Pixel 2 or 3 so will have a look when she comes home in a few weeks.
I appreciate the help with this, and hope to get a few more suggestions......

Well, I'm still unsure, but it's looking like the Google Pixel 4a now, or even the 4a 5g, as I do like a bigger screen.
I'm talking about phones here that are way over my budget, and I almost resent spending this much but this has been a rubbish year, and there have been a couple of times when I didn't have a camera with me and should have.
Persuade me either way if you can, but my finger is hovering..

I’ll be looking to move on my Samsung s10+ in the next couple of weeks. Would consider around £350. Mint condition, always been in a case.

Well, the urge to give myself a treat, having a play with one that a friend has plus an unexpected bit of cash saw me buy a Google Pixel 4a the other day as they are now discounted..
I've yet to open the box as I've been ill, but might have a play later today.
Thanks for all the help and suggestions - much appreciated !

I will stick in my 10p's worth- I have a Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G - amazing cameras and a cracking phone

iPhone just copy Samsung at every turn and announce the new models with everything Samsung has in a previous model, I would not touch a iPhone with someone else's' Bargepole

I will stick in my 10p's worth- I have a Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G - amazing cameras and a cracking phone

iPhone just copy Samsung at every turn and announce the new models with everything Samsung has in a previous model, I would not touch a iPhone with someone else's' Bargepole

And Samsung just copy Huawei.
Reverse charging, in screen fingerprint ID, periscope lens etc all on Huawei phones before Samsung picked them up.

Would you take into consideration 2nd hand, can get a Huawei P30 Pro ~£250-300 which has the Leica camera and optical zoom

will be putting my up soon which is in mint condition once I've transferred everything over to the Note 20 Ultra

Would you take into consideration 2nd hand, can get a Huawei P30 Pro ~£250-300 which has the Leica camera and optical zoom

will be putting my up soon which is in mint condition once I've transferred everything over to the Note 20 Ultra

He’s already bought a phone.

Back