Android TV media box....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit My Images
No
I was bought one of these for xmas.

I still haven't quite worked out how it works.
However, I can't believe a box that can be brought from Amazon has apps which allow you to watch the latest films that are still in the cinema. It's not as if you need to hack it. That said almost nothing I tried worked which could be restrictions my ISP has although I did manage to start streaming the new bond film but it was poor quality so I didn't bother.
Apparently you can also access paid for TV like sky sports.
I tried to find the latest series of the Blacklist but spent an hour trying different apps, all of which crashed or didn't work.
My experience so far is that it's next to useless so I doubt I'll be using it......

Anyone use one successfully. What's the legal view on these? Surely they are/should be?

Thanks

If you're viewing films that are only currently available in cinemas, they aren't going to be legal. It really is that simple.
Bond has not yet been released in any format other than general release cinema anywhere in the world.

They are illegal to use but not sell I guess. Generally though peoples are usually prosecuted for distributing because that is what you're doing when using torrents. With a android box you're just streaming so who knows. This thread will be blocked soon

Selling android boxes is not illegal and using an android box is not illegal.

However if you hack/install other bits of software and use that software to access programming or other pay for view services without actually paying then you are breaking the law and should not be surprised if you get a knock on the door from the police

The other big thing is your getting a crappy compress copy of the film,theses days their not a long wait before the movies appear on Blu-ray worth the wait to me :)

The other big thing is your getting a crappy compress copy of the film,theses days their not a long wait before the movies appear on Blu-ray worth the wait to me :)

Used to be 17 weeks by industry agreement.

As already said its the downloading content that's illegal. Some ISP's such as Sky may block access to some of the "repository's" that you need. However, further discussion I would have thought may lead to this thread being locked.

I bought one of these boxes from Amazon to use with a touchscreen LCD as a 24 inch Tablet :)

It sits in the corner of the room as a "browsing / media control centre"

*I was stunned when I found that it had all the software pre-installed to view illegal(stolen) content !! as a photographer who complains about people stealing my photos I'll not be using it.

once you learn how to use them properly they are very good, just watched the west ham game and set my mates one up so he could watch the arsenal game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back