Angel at sunset

Much prefer the second one as we can see the wings, but the sky in the first one is great!

I cloned person in the foreground out in one version, leaving just the kid in for scale, can't find it though.

It's a shame you didn't get the angle of the second shot with the sky if the second.
In one, the structure is too side-on.
Even a slight angle would have made a huge difference imo.

Lovely sky and wonderful colours, prefer the second for reasons stated by others already.

I much prefer the 1st one. It has it all and the people down below really make it. The sky really accentuates the sculpture shape much better than is seen in the second one. Furthermore it is your own work, your artistic decisions so no need to show the "obligatory" wings - I think it is more interesting "without" them

I much prefer the 1st one. It has it all and the people down below really make it. The sky really accentuates the sculpture shape much better than is seen in the second one. Furthermore it is your own work, your artistic decisions so no need to show the "obligatory" wings - I think it is more interesting "without" them
Thank you, I was looking for a slightly different angle on a very familiar location.

Speaking of which, here is one shot from directly above using my drone.

DJI00055bsmallb.jpg

Number 2 for me,as already mentioned,because of the wings and the light on them.

The drone shot is interesting. I've seen a few drone shots on here and suspect they will became more numerous,gives a whole new perspective.

Back