Angel of the North

Edit My Images
No
I know this location has been shot to death, but, i have never been despite only living 30 mins away from it. So what do you think of these 4 images i managed to capture. Constructive criticism is all ways welcome. Thanks on advance

Angel 4 by QuietAndy, on Flickr

Angel 3 by QuietAndy, on Flickr

Angel 2 by QuietAndy, on Flickr

Angel 1 by QuietAndy, on Flickr

I should add that these were all taken with a Canon 50d with a sigma 10-20mm lens.

I have not done any editing at all so I haven't considered cloning them out. I thought having a reference in gives the scale of the angel. I might just try and clone them though. Thanks for the feedback

ST4 said:
Nice interesting angles of the Angel, not just it plonked in the middle of the frame.

Thanks. That is exactly what I was trying to do.

last one, different angle, and a nice sky to set it off, i would keep the people, but its personal choice, maybe a little saturation and contrast boost would make it really pop

Really like these shots. Just like A few others, I'd keep the *** in #4 as a reference. Though I might clone out the building on the bottom left. Does anyone else agree?

I like these. Choice of lens and viewpoint really give sense of scale which is even more apparent in no4 with the people. Agree that building on left doesn't contribute much. Would like to see these taken on clear day so easier to expose for sky and foreground. IMO the clouds in the sky detract from the strong shape of the subject. Good work.

I saw this a good 14 years ago on my way to Scotland but I've Never had the chance to shoot it. I like your shots a lot.

Andy

That is a good set - you had a nice day for it

I like all but agree that the building in #4 does detract and as for the people, you can always have two versions one with them in and one out.

#3 is my favourite - the exposure looks spot on and the contrast between the rust and the sky is very good. My only thought is that due to the angle the shot was taken at the angel looks to be leaning backwards. I wonder if it might benefit from straightening?

The building falling over in #4 should be removed, its quite distracting.

Back