Angel.

It's nice enough. Just an available light shot of a statue. Exposure looks OK... nice punchy contrast. A bit boring though in terms of subject.. without any context any way. Not entirely sure of the framing, but without knowing what the whole stature looked like it's hard to know. Perhaps some subtle vignetting around the statue would have helped pick it out against the similar toned background. The text is a bit distracting, but then again, is it important? Is that Latin? Maybe that;s relevant, I've no idea.....

It's not stunning though... sorry.

It's nice enough. Just an available light shot of a statue. Exposure looks OK... nice punchy contrast. A bit boring though in terms of subject.. without any context any way. Not entirely sure of the framing, but without knowing what the whole stature looked like it's hard to know. Perhaps some subtle vignetting around the statue would have helped pick it out against the similar toned background. The text is a bit distracting, but then again, is it important? Is that Latin? Maybe that;s relevant, I've no idea.....

It's not stunning though... sorry.

I found the picture stunning you didn't. Thats OK.

You could always ask the guy who took it?

Last edited:
Last edited:
I have to agree with David that it's a record shot of some stonework and while interesting to you it won't be to most people. That doesn't mean your opinion is wrong.

Does he know you're posting his images up here to be critiqued?

There's a sub-forum for images that are just for pleasure and not to be critiqued.

https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/photos-for-pleasure.67/

It's considered bad form to post up someone else's work for crit when they're not here to answer to it.

No problem. Why not invite him along? :)

Back