Angi's 365 - updated 2/08 with 10 new images

How about Saturday 6th June at our Swindon shop, I would be happy for a handful of people to come along? My paid reptile photography experiences start in June and fees start from £30 per person, but I would be willing to cut that to £15 per person for that day if we can get together a few people.

Last edited:
May 27 Day 116

This was a joint effort between me and my daughter.
Me
may27-1.jpg

May 28 Day 117
Not sure what this bug is called. Taken on a country stroll - yes I managed another couple of walks this week, both a couple of mils long, I think my health is slowly improving.:D
may29.jpg

May 29 Day 118
This is my daughter again, we discovered a nice little spot near home that we plan to use for photo shoots. No doubt you will see this spot used again.
may28.jpg

May 30 Day 30
OMG almost at the end of my 4th month, I wonder if I will make it to 6 months or a year.
This little bird paid us a visit in the garden, not by its own choice but courtesy of one of our cats. Luckily my daughter and I were in the garden as Bali carried this squawking pipsqueak in. Both of us leapt up scrwaming at the cat who was obviously reluctant to give up her prize. We shut both cats in the house and examined it briefly. It had no visible external injuries and was able to fly around the garden while we watched to make sure it could manage. Hopefully it will survive the shock.
may30.jpg

May 31st
WE took the train up to Gloucester for the tall ships festival where the only camera we took stopped working and we cannot get it working still). wE sdid get about 50 images but nothing spectacular Im afraid. I realised about 30 minutes before we had to catch the train home that my phone has a reasonable camera within, here is my favourite taken on my phone.
Not sure Im going to manage without a single fully working camera in the house and no money to get one fixed or a new one. Expect lots taken on my phone for a while.:crying:
whatcenturysepia.jpg

Sorry to hear about your camera, hope you can get it fixed ok :(

We were in Gloucester couple of weeks ago, really liked it, would have been nice to see the tall ships though.

Really like your shot though, works well for me and like the mono conversion too :)

Sorry to hear about your camera, hope you can get it fixed ok :(

We were in Gloucester couple of weeks ago, really liked it, would have been nice to see the tall ships though.

Really like your shot though, works well for me and like the mono conversion too :)

Well it was my daughters camera I broke yesterday - she is not happy. Mine I can get to work on manual, but dont like to use it like that on anything other than macro. For some reason auto focus just wont happen.
could barely see the ships for people so I took shots of people for a change as a bit of practice.

June 1 Day 121

Well I can still manage macro shots using my camera on manual, yippee.
This is a Common from - Rana temporaria in our garden this afternoon, it was swimming around the pond attempting to get out with difficulty, so I scooped it out onto the rocks and it ended up in the shaded part of our smaller pond.
The tadpoles are coming along nicely and look speckled now, plus you can see their eyes.
Frog_in_our_pond_by_AngiNelson.jpg

June 2nd , Day 122
A Honeysuckle from my garden, I felt drawn to its pretty shade of yellow.
june2honeysuckles.jpg

June 3rd, Day 123
Two crested geckos hatched out in the last 24 hours, this one is one day old and only weighs 1 gram. I have 16 eggs incubating still and many more due before the season ends.
june3cresty018s.jpg

June 4th, Day 124
Its been a while since I photographed one of my frogs, so here is one from a photoshoot in the garden today. More in the animals and nature section.
june4093ss.jpg

June 5 Day 125

june5.jpg

June 6 Day 126

I discovered these pied shield bugs hatching on the underside of an Iris leaf in my garden.
june6.jpg

June 7 Day 127

One of my Common leaf tailed geckos from Madagascar
june-7.jpg

LMAO, you know what she is like, she gets everywhere. Hows the photography coming along Dan?

So so, Im learning more about settinga and conditions but life is busy at the mo. I take it everywhere but i need something more than a kit lens lol

So so, Im learning more about settinga and conditions but life is busy at the mo. I take it everywhere but i need something more than a kit lens lol

Thats all I had for about a year - other than a cheap set of macro filters.

Thats all I had for about a year - other than a cheap set of macro filters.

I guess untill I can get good results with the kit lens there is no point in spending money on another lens. I would like something that deals with low light better though

I guess untill I can get good results with the kit lens there is no point in spending money on another lens. I would like something that deals with low light better though
Dan, would you like to borrow my Understanding Exposure " book, it helped me understand lots?

June 8 Day 128

One of my adult crested geckos out in the sun
june8.jpg

June 9 Day 129
I have been trying focus stacking, this is one of my attempts of stacking manually in photoshop, I had tried Combine zm, but did not like the results. But will keep trying. Another example can be seen as my entry into this months POTM
june09dropletsmanuallystacked1s.jpg

That would be brilliant Angi, thanks

No problem, email me your address again, I will send you my macro filters to try out too as Im getting a new mpe 65mm lens, so wont need them.

June 10, Day 130
june10.jpg

June 11, Day 131
Continuing with the focus stacking
june11.jpg

No problem, email me your address again, I will send you my macro filters to try out too as Im getting a new mpe 65mm lens, so wont need them.

Nice one, thanks :woot: ill PM you.....and isnt that the lens that all the bug photographers use:love:

Last edited:
Sunday 14 June, Day 134
I finally bought myself a new camera, a Canon 450D, but didnt have much time to spare to play with it. I did manage to grab a few shots of a Slow worm basking in our garden though.
slowworm4s.jpg

Monday 15 JUne, Day 135
I was out in the garden first thing this morning and this is the first of around 250 images that I have processed. A Speckled Bush cricket.
IMG_0175bushcrickets.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, great news on a new camera. I did love my 350D too, but it's getting on a bit now (I bought my 350D the minute it was launched). I began to really hate the small LCD screen towards the end.

Bush cricket is a super shot, love the green and yellow, works so well together ;)

Day 143 (i thinks its 143, but you have it as 133 :thinking: ) is very abstract and would work really well printed large and framed (y)

Lmao, what happenned to my brain this morning? Theyre all numbered wrong:wacky:

Wow Angi I'm just catching up here and these are fantastic shots! Someone else that's caught the macro bug (excuse pun!).

There's nothing I find more relaxing than pottering around the garden with my macro set up for an hour when I get in from work :D

Thanks guys.
I cant believe Ive not updated in 10 days, but then Ive not been too good. Good newws though since Ive had treatment for an abcess in my mouth I am starting to fel much much better and have tonnes more energy, sao can get out and about once again.

Friday 19th, Day 139
Messing in the garden with my partners lights. We went through a period of him buying lights every week for the garden.:D
june19.jpg

Sat 20th, Day 140
Some new plants I bought for our arden.
june20.jpg

Sunday 21st, Day 141
Out in the gaden again today in the lovely weather. I took my frogs out for some healthy UVB
june21b.jpg

Monday 22nd, Day 142
Tried hard to capture birds in our garden, wish I had a 4-500 zoom lens:naughty:
june22.jpg

Tuesday 23rd, Day 143
Ive wanted to capture my frogs jumping for ages
june23.jpg

Wednesday 24th June, day 144
A bush cricket in our garden
june24.jpg

Thursday 25th, Day 145
Got my MPE 65mm lens today. This is a droplet upon a lily stamen, the specs within the drop are pollen.
june25.jpg

Friday 26th, Day 146
A moth from our garden, taken with my new macro lens.
june26.jpg

Saturday 27th, Day 147
Out for a stroll with my daughter and I caught this one of her.
IMG_3028srednoiseaddnoisedesatvigne.jpg

Sunday 28th, Day 148
A common blue taken with my new macro lens again.
june28.jpg

lovely shots angi, congrats on the new lens(y)

Catching up after a week out....

Mmmmmm MPE-65 lens :D

The results are fantastic (but your macros were great anyway ;) )

Back