East Anglia Anglesey Abbey

Name
Kev
Edit My Images
No
Does anyone know if the snowdrops are out yet or do they need another week to be at their best?
Thanks

Another week I reckon.
My daughter and I were going to Chippenham Park tomorrow, but decided it was a bit early.
Snowdrops in the wild here in Cambridgeshire are only just about coming up.
Those in my neighbours garden are just showing and my daughter reports the same a few miles up the road where she lives.
Only downside to the following week is the kids are out of captivity around here.

Last edited:
@Suvv Did you ever get to see the snowdrops?

We went to Chippenham Park yesterday, lovely sunny morning albeit rather windy.
Made the right decision leaving it for a week or so, the Snowdrops were out and in good condition.
_1005980 1.jpg

We went yesterday, spent a nice few hours just wandering. The car park was full but the actual gardens did not seem crowded.
Some snowdrops had gone over but others were just starting, apparently they have over 400 varieties.
DSC_3952.jpgDSC_3966.jpgDSC_3968.jpgDSC_3981.jpg

If you're in East Anglia there are plenty of places for snowdrops. Walsingham Abbey in North Norfolk is one of the most popular ones. But they are out everywhere at the moment.
I've not done an actual trip out specifically for snowdrops but I've caught some in a few local spots.
I keep an eye on the local facebook groups because someone always posts when snowdrops/bluebells are out. The trick with both is to get them at the peak before they start deteriorating.

If you're in East Anglia there are plenty of places for snowdrops. Walsingham Abbey in North Norfolk is one of the most popular ones. But they are out everywhere at the moment.
I've not done an actual trip out specifically for snowdrops but I've caught some in a few local spots.
I keep an eye on the local facebook groups because someone always posts when snowdrops/bluebells are out. The trick with both is to get them at the peak before they start deteriorating.
Went to Walsingham a couple of years ago and it is probably the best. Fair distance for us and its a rotten place for parking.

Went to Wasingham Abbey a couple of weeks ago, full of snowdrops. Didn’t actually bother bringing my camera though was weather was horribly gray, that’s the trouble this time of year. Parking wasn’t too bad, not as busy as usual. The Bull do a lovely spot of grub and pint for very reasonable price too!

Back