Anglesey Agricultural Show.

Edit My Images
Yes
Each year Anglesey holds its historic agricultural show on the Mona Showground, near Gwalchmai. Hundreds of animals compete annually for winners rosettes to show-off their breeding and earn their owners prestiege amongst the agricultural community (and better prices for their livestock!).

This year I went along and took some pictures and I thought I'd share them here.

The first picture is of some pigs being paraded for the Judges.

Two by two.
by Box with a button, on Flickr

Here we have a stubborn pig refusing to move during the parade, and the young farmer tries desperately to encourage it forwards with her stick and board.

Pig Trouble

Next we have a pig that made a break for it, but was soon cornered. I don't think it escaped the judge's attention though!

Cornered

Moving briefly away from the animals, the next picture shows the cakes and preserves entries inside the food and produce exhibition hall.

Let Them Eat

Moving back to the animals again, here we have a foal.

Foal

Here we see an enormous Welsh Black bull...

Giant Welsh Black.

...and another big bull.

Big fella.

Here are one or two others as, late in the afternoon, the champions of each class are paraded in the main showground. Interestingly, the observing crowd is encouraged NOT to applaud in case the animals stampede.

Animal Parade

That concludes my brief tour of this year's Anglesey Show, I hope you enjoyed it.

Last edited:
Back