Wales Anglesey

Name
Lee
Edit My Images
Yes
Im off to Anglesey next week with the family and am hoping to get out with the camera for a bit, anyone got any recommendations on what to find?

I have seen the South Stack lighthouse and the Menai bridge as well as various places to get some nice sunsets (will probably be raining though), anything else?

Many thanks

Im off to Anglesey next week with the family and am hoping to get out with the camera for a bit, anyone got any recommendations on what to find?

I have seen the South Stack lighthouse and the Menai bridge as well as various places to get some nice sunsets (will probably be raining though), anything else?

Many thanks

Yep.. dozens of potential locations... Penmon, pretty much all the North West coastline from Carmel head to Amwlch, Llanddwyn Island .. the list goes on

I am off to Anglesey in a couple of weeks and a boat trip to Puffin Island is on the agenda, recommended by many, Cormorant, Guillemot and Razorbill can all be seen as well as getting the odd Shag....apparently :)

I am off to Anglesey in a couple of weeks and a boat trip to Puffin Island is on the agenda, recommended by many, Cormorant, Guillemot and Razorbill can all be seen as well as getting the odd Shag....apparently :)
Make sure you use Starida from Beaumaris - They have one of my images on their website header (y)

Many thanks
Hope you have a great time. There are plenty of photo locations without leaving the island but Snowdonia will also be an obvious draw. I'd suggest search for Anglesey on TP and also use the Photographers Ephemeris to work out best sunrise/sunset locations.

There's an amazing abandoned brick works ruin on the north coast at Porth Wen, if you're into that sort of thing........

It may be too late for most seabirds but there may still be some terns at the colony at Cemlyn, also on the north coast.

Last edited:
Back