Animal Portraits

Lovely set G.
I like the chimp and the Bw zebra looks VG.
Not quite sure if I'd have liked the leg showing a little more and a tad less in front.

Yup, I'm slowly getting used to it. The 500/4 is my workhorse, but the 300 is lighter smaller and also an excellent lens. The shots on my Donna Nook thread were all taken with 300/2.8 and 1.4x as the 500 is too long to fit in a bag with a body attached and I didn't want to carry the lens and tripod for a mile over wet sand on my shoulder.

If I really want reach and top quality, I still take the 500 but the 300 is getting used a lot more for general stuff and I will handhold it a little sometimes as well.

Paul

Very well done, lovely captures.

Lovely set G.
I like the chimp and the Bw zebra looks VG.
Not quite sure if I'd have liked the leg showing a little more and a tad less in front.

Probably right, I will spend more time next visit...

Gary mate I think you need to ditch that D3 of yours and get yourself a one of these bad boys! I bet then you would actually get some nice shots :D

Take your pick
odd603.jpg

odd143.jpg

......Love ya really

Last edited:
Gary mate I think you need to ditch that D3 of yours and get yourself a one of these bad boys! I bet then you would actually get some nice shots :D

Take your pick
odd603.jpg

odd143.jpg

......Love ya really

Hahahaha :LOL: What are the specs? Screw the Hassleblad, these are the real deal! :D

really nice set,love the (Snuggles in the dark!/The man in the mirror)shots well done (y)

Thanks mate. GOing back in a few hours with my new lens ;)

Really lovely set Gary. THe Penguin one for me :)

Cheers matty! Hopefully I can get a better one today...

Dunno how I missed these! :bonk: Superb set mate!

You seem to able to turn your hand to pretty much anything and produce cracking photos everytime. :clap: (You git! ;) )

Look forward to seeing more, esp with the mysterious "new lens"! :D

Dunno how I missed these! :bonk: Superb set mate!

You seem to able to turn your hand to pretty much anything and produce cracking photos everytime. :clap: (You git! ;) )

Look forward to seeing more, esp with the mysterious "new lens"! :D

Aww ta :)

I'm on tenterhooks waiting on it. Damn parcel force! :bang:

I bet you are, hope they get a shift on! Are we allowed a guess...? Well I'm having one anyway - 400mm 2.8? :cautious:

Guess away :D And nope, wrong :D

Its probably not suited for Zoo shots, but I will try damn hard :D Its a great low lighter....;)

Super set Gary, Snuggle in the Dark is the stand out shot for me as the lighting is just so fitting the description and the look of caring on the adults face says it all.

Back