Anisa

Name
Nicole
Edit My Images
No
038_filtered.jpg

You have got the eye contact in this one. Its better.

Now you need to take a look at composition. That background is great but using the rule of thirds would make it a better photo.

When you take a photo imagine your shot split into thirds. Place your subject into one of those thirds. Like in this shot I would have placed the suject onto the left more and stood back to get a wider shot.

Also again watch your light. It seems a bit dark.

;)

Hi Nicole,

This shot has no exif data in it so I can't see what your settings were but there is something very wrong with it. It's either out of focus or it is suffering from camera shake as it is as soft as my baby son's squidgey bum.

You are somewhat limited by your equipment here, because the wood in the background could have all kinds of interesting textures that aren't being picked up by the lens.

I think compositionally this is better than your others because you are on the same plane as the subject.

I don't like the processing at all, the greyscale is very flat and uninteresting, it needs a lot more contrast and a lot more exposure too since it is heavily underexposed

Hi Nicole,

This shot has no exif data in it so I can't see what your settings were but there is something very wrong with it. It's either out of focus or it is suffering from camera shake as it is as soft as my baby son's squidgey bum.

You are somewhat limited by your equipment here, because the wood in the background could have all kinds of interesting textures that aren't being picked up by the lens.

I think compositionally this is better than your others because you are on the same plane as the subject.

I don't like the processing at all, the greyscale is very flat and uninteresting, it needs a lot more contrast and a lot more exposure too since it is heavily underexposed

ok will work on it :D

You have got the eye contact in this one. Its better.

Now you need to take a look at composition. That background is great but using the rule of thirds would make it a better photo.

When you take a photo imagine your shot split into thirds. Place your subject into one of those thirds. Like in this shot I would have placed the suject onto the left more and stood back to get a wider shot.

Also again watch your light. It seems a bit dark.

;)

thankyou :D will take your advice :D

Nicole............Hi

I'm not a great fan of ''square-on shoulders''

it's all about the light
which appears to be high and to her right

i would have moved to her right [ so now the shoulders aren't square]
and had her turn just her head to look at you

this would put her body to the left 1/3 and she would be now looking ''into'' the frame = better

her face would be more evenly lit
and 'perhaps' the shadow under her chin would not be so noticeable...:D

i read you are saving for another camera... at Uni will you need a Digital DSLR or a 35mm film camera..?

john

Last edited:
Nicole............Hi

I'm not a great fan of ''square-on shoulders''

it's all about the light
which appears to be high and to her right

i would have moved to her right [ so now the shoulders aren't square]
and had her turn just her head to look at you

this would put her body to the left 1/3 and she would be now looking ''into'' the frame = better

her face would be more evenly lit
and 'perhaps' the shadow under her chin would not be so noticeable...:D

i read you are saving for another camera... at Uni will you need a Digital DSLR or a 35mm film camera..?

john

Thanks for the tips and about the camera and not too sure atm :D

Hi Nicole,

Will work on it :D thanks

Cant really do much to this as the original was bad,, all I could do is edit a little other than that take the shot again which I havent got around too yet.

lunapic_132026539258776_3.jpg

Back