Annoying ebay

Same as Andy I always use ebay for cables normally as a Buy It Now.

Bought a Thinkpad laptop last year in A1 condition

Just got a refurbished Nikon Coolpix S9100 with 6 month warranty. £45 cheaper than Amazon.

But I do agree with the OP, some things for stupid prices.

On the hand , it's bad for sellers, including all the fees. The seller looses around 14-15% to ebay/paypal!

The fees need to be weighed against the fact that the seller will invariably attain a higher selling price than on forums.

Ive recently sold 2 items on eBay after having them on forums (here and elsewhere), and easily covered the fees with the eBay selling price. For example, sold a 400d, would have accepted around £130 on the forums (didnt get any reasonable offers in over a week), sold on eBay for £195 (in 3 days).

a few weeks ago amazon were selling 55-250s new for £130 - i think they are back up to 199 now so i'm not sure what that was about.

also mpb have mint s/h ones for £120 - which i'd rather do than buy an unknown or grey import off ebay

From what I'v heard the cheap 55-250's were all grey imports from third party sellers, a good price of course but it actually leaves you with less protection than somewhere like MPB should there be a problem.

Back