annoying :(

M

Marik

I don't understand it :/

I take my cam with me most places, just incase a bird jumps out at me, So I'm out, taking photos today, get home, and they all suck :(

To far away, can't see the subject.. crap composition the list goes on, I suck :/

Dan

Just an off day dude, we all have them. Put it down to experience and remember where you went wrong when you go out again!

maybe, but I've been chasing the greenfinch for days, and It just didn't go right at all.

So, plan b then. You can't just give up everytime it doesn't go quite according to plan you know. Just isn't on old chap, we didn't win the war blahblahblahdeyblah etc.

Ok, so it can be soul destroying sometimes but you'll feel a lot better if you keep trying til you get it right. promise. ;)

Marik I have had so many days like that.

What I do is have a look at them the next day when the initial disappointment has faded a little and try and see how I could have improved on them.

Sometomes I will post on here to get other peoples views and gain some good advice.

When I get home from shooting, as soon as I look through them I delete the real fluff (out of focus etc), and pick the real gooduns that catch my eye (if there are any)

I then leave the rest for a week or so, and take a second look at them with fresh eyes. It makes ALL the difference.

That said, we all have off days. Unfortunately, mine are more 'off' than 'on' :D
Just pick yourself up, try and think about where you went wrong, take your lens cap off and try again, it's how we all learn to be better :)

I have given up trying to get a decent Robin shot and concentrated on flowers instead, at least they keep still if there's no wind ;)

Marik, I have had so many days like that, so it's not just you! I usually upload the stuff onto my pc, get rid of the completely duff ones (like about 90% of my shots), then come back to the rest at a later date. Sometimes there may be one or two half decent shots if I'm lucky.
If you look at all the shots posted on here, you can bet that people have had to take absolutely loads before they get a decent one. Don't beat yourself up.

Marianne said:
I have given up trying to get a decent Robin shot and concentrated on flowers instead, at least they keep still if there's no wind ;)

Or if you pick 'em and shove 'em in your car ... :nono:

:LOL: :p

We all have days where we put a lot of effort in for little or no reward. Little songbirds are tough! Even with zonking great tele lenses you still struggle most times to fill the frame, and they just don't co-operate in any way to try to help you do they? :D

You must love what you're doing or you wouldn't be putting the effort in. Don't get disheartened - it's all experience and all griss to the learning mill.

Back