Another Army v Navy set

Name
Patrick
Edit My Images
No
Some shots from Saturday's wet and windy afternoon. As usual with Twickenham I find it's quite a good idea to sit on the sidelines if you're using Nikon and don't have the benefit of Canon's extra 1.6 crop factor. I just find behind the posts the action is usually miles away and with only a 400mm the crops tend to be huge.

All shot with a D3S and a 400mm. 70-200 is in for servicing so had to make do with the one lens, d'oh.

army1.jpg

army2.jpg

army3.jpg

army4.jpg

5. Hide and seek
army5.jpg

army6.jpg

Fantastic set

The odds are my favourites - 3,5,7 & 9

Really nice set. They are all really good images. No 3 is the pick of the bunch for me.
I had tickets to go but unfortunately I couldn't make it Many thanks for sharing.

one three five and eight are my favs, but they are all shots to be proud of.

Some big lads there.

Excellent set of photographs. How did you get such close ups with such clarity? I am a very new user of DSLR and was in the stands with my fairly new D5100 and Tamron 70-300 lens and not of my shots were that close. Did you zoom and crop in Photoshop. Excuse my ignorance as am just learning.

Great day out though.

Excellent set of photographs. How did you get such close ups with such clarity? I am a very new user of DSLR and was in the stands with my fairly new D5100 and Tamron 70-300 lens and not of my shots were that close. Did you zoom and crop in Photoshop. Excuse my ignorance as am just learning.

Great day out though.

he's using a 400mm lens, which costs more than my whole setup put together :p

the tamron 70-300 is good for the money but isn't outstanding by any means

Back