Another attempt at fake tilt-shift using Photoshop

Edit My Images
Yes
Had another go at this and though it's far from perfect I'm quite pleased with how it turned out. :)
I've got very few suitable images to try this on, I need to go out and take some interesting ones from a high point.
Yer 'tis. ;)
6620456355_6eedf4cf20_b.jpg

Yes Dave, thanks for that. That's why I chose this image, it's one of the very few I've got taken from a high VP. (y)
I think this one would probably have worked better with a bit more going on but using the bus as the point of focus seems to work ok.

Hi ya

mmmm....I like that one....works really well ( for me anyway ):clap:

I'm trying the same effect but only have PSE8 so a bit more limited in the editing.....& how flippin hard is it to find high VP's....walked myself silly this afternoon & still not got any I'm really happy with :crying:

Works well, makes me want to grab the bus and push it round making brum brum noises.

Thanks Lynne and Lee! (y)
It is quite difficult to find places high enough but with enough content to make the process work.
I'm using PS CS3, not sure about doing it using Elements.

Yes Dave, thanks for that. That's why I chose this image, it's one of the very few I've got taken from a high VP. (y)

Good stuff (y)

Thanks Lynne and Lee! (y)
It is quite difficult to find places high enough but with enough content to make the process work.

I my tut the shot was taken from a motorway bridge so you dont need to be that high, just looking down

That's a much better starting image for the technique, and it works so much better because of it (y)

I saw your first 1 and I have to say this is a far better image, it looks good, well done.

Thanks guys, really appreciate the comments. (y)
Still looking for other images to try it out on.

I like it :) works well and also makes a fun game or working out where it is (I am guessing it was taken from Arthur's Seat in Edinburgh?)

Speaking as someone who had done a few of those myself in the past, that's a very neat go at it! It's clever on how the whole effect does fool the eye, I'll never tire of it.

Back