Another Attempt at Star Trails

Name
Roly
Edit My Images
Yes
Had a little bit of cloud out and about last night so didn't venture any further than the back garden.

Due to lights polutions I couldn't face North, so this was west hence the trails in different directions.

Do the trails themselves look acceptable?

I am planning on heading out tonight as it looks perfect and will be aiming to get something interesting in the foreground that I can try light painting, but thought I would just practice the technique.

This time I did however leave the lens to get used to the temps before using it to avoid the fogging up I suffered, this is 200 30 second exposures.

I wasn't too concerned about focusing on the tree but wanted to improve the quality of the trails compared to the last attempt.

Any thoughts or suggestions welcome :)

Practice Star Trail Attempt 2 by o RATMAN o, on Flickr

Certainly nothing wrong with them! I'm very much looking forward to seeing your efforts from tonight's venture outside!

As said getting better but a foreground interest would help. Maybe try painting one in a little with a powerful lamp

Yep agree with the foregound, like I say it was more of a test of technique.

Went out again tonight and tried one with my dad's car. Quite happy with it bit maybe a little OTT with the light painting, also only just got polaris in the shot.

Next to find something a bit more interesting and work on composition.

Dadscar by o RATMAN o, on Flickr

Like the latest one.
As Matt says a bit more light on the rear of the car and maybe try a portrait next time to get the pole star :idea:

Doing well there Roly... the trails are excellent. I need to find somewhere with suitable foreground and do some more...

Back