Another Battle of Treeton.... (Image Heavy)

HCK

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

Managed to get out today to the afternoon battle, what a great event! Thoroughly enjoyed it, the Sealed Knot who organise it do a great job. Here's my take on the day.

Please C&C is alway needed.

treeton1.jpg

treeton2.jpg

treeton3.jpg

treeton4.jpg

treeton5.jpg

treeton6.jpg

treeton7.jpg

treeton8.jpg

treeton9.jpg

treeton10.jpg

Hi HCK
Very interesting set.
You've certainly caught the flavour of the battle.
I like No 5 - the guy looks interesting and the props work a treat.
No 13 also works well - really like it.
11 is pretty good too, as is No 10.
Balancing the exposure of the smoke and scene looks a nightmare, but you've made a pretty good job of it.
Shot 2 looks interesting, but there's something in the processing that's not working and stops me from enjoying the shot.

Hi HCK
Very interesting set.
You've certainly caught the flavour of the battle.
I like No 5 - the guy looks interesting and the props work a treat.
No 13 also works well - really like it.
11 is pretty good too, as is No 10.
Balancing the exposure of the smoke and scene looks a nightmare, but you've made a pretty good job of it.
Shot 2 looks interesting, but there's something in the processing that's not working and stops me from enjoying the shot.

thx Rock for the positive comments, I agree about no.2 it was the hardest to process but thats down to my PS inexperience...I need to work on that one some more :cautious:

Hi again HCK
Just curious - was there an admission charge to this event /

3, 4, 5, 7, 9 and 10 are my favourites from the site. The PP on the portraits is putting me off them though.

Gary.

Thx for the comments gary, could you expand on what PP is putting you off ?

OK, taking number 2. It looks like an effect I get sometimes when pushing the Clarity Slider too far to the right (adobe cs raw editor). It seems to define edges of shadows, and make them stand out more. I think this technique only works on really rugged skin, lots of wrinkles etc. It then I feel requires lots of sharpening too to work. It almost looks like some of the bad artifacts you get with HDR, it is subtle and hard to explain, but I feel I can see it.

It's all subjective though, if you like the processing then who am I to put you off?

Gary.

Cheers Gary, no.2 was a pain to pp...I am still not happy with it...but I think its down to my lack of PP experience, I still have my 'L' plates on. I sharpened and desaturated no.1 and tried to bring up the shadows, I relatively happy with that.

Cheers Gary, no.2 was a pain to pp...I am still not happy with it...but I think its down to my lack of PP experience, I still have my 'L' plates on. I sharpened and desaturated no.1 and tried to bring up the shadows, I relatively happy with that.

Much better I feel in terms of PP. The shadow is a slight annoyance, but not a biggy.

It will get easier.

Gary.

Back