Another Beauty

Name
Brittany
Edit My Images
No
I posted a shot from my "beauty shoot" a while back, and someone had requested that I post more from that shoot, as I had only posted one. For this shot I changed the background to some funky green material that my mom had lying around her sewing machine :)nono:) and removed the necklace that she was previously wearing.

I personally like this shot but I haven't really gotten much feedback from it, so maybe there are improvements that could have been made that I can't see? Staring at a single picture for too long does things to my brain!

2296126699_fd8475493a_o.jpg

Looks excellent to me (y)
Great Shot :clap:
Do you have another shot with maybe a little more of her head :shrug:

Hi Brittany,

I like this, but imo as the eyes are the most dramatic part of the shot, and as everything else is almost a backdrop to that feature, I actually think you should crop tighter!

I say this because the shot looks to be all about the strong eye make-up and so this is where the emphasis should be.
So personally, Id crop along the top before the hairline starts, bringing all attention to the eyes and making for an overall cleaner looking image.
Glad you did away with the necklace, again, looks cleaner without.

Always enjoy veiwing your pics (y)

Excellent image, and those eyes are magnetic, agree with Inaglo, that a tighter crop would work.

Still, as is, it's still a cracking shot

perfect eye contact
and I really like the makeup!(y)

Hi Brittany,

I like this, but imo as the eyes are the most dramatic part of the shot, and as everything else is almost a backdrop to that feature, I actually think you should crop tighter!

I say this because the shot looks to be all about the strong eye make-up and so this is where the emphasis should be.
So personally, Id crop along the top before the hairline starts, bringing all attention to the eyes and making for an overall cleaner looking image.
Glad you did away with the necklace, again, looks cleaner without.

Always enjoy veiwing your pics (y)

Excellent image, and those eyes are magnetic, agree with Inaglo, that a tighter crop would work.

Still, as is, it's still a cracking shot

Hello InaGlo & Les could you explain a little more for me please. Im unsure where you mean.
The crop you both are talking about is crop just above the eyes and leave the rest of the picture as is
or
Crop above the eyes and where ??? :shrug:

A slight crop, which I think gives more emphasis on the eyes

2296126699_fd8475493a_o.jpg

And a radical crop

2296126699_fd8475493a_oa.jpg

I don't want to take anything away from the original- it's excellent -for me the crops are just an alternative way of looking at the same image :)

It looks a little strange in that crop Les. Needs to have some hair in it there i think.

I sort of agree with the tight crop - the highlight of the shot is the eyes. I'm afraid the shoulder, neck, hair all distract from the best bits.

But, super sharp, great lighting and make-up

Not sure about Les... but just a couple of inches off the top, imo.

Hi InaGlo & Les Ok now I understand & I actually like both crops that Les has done its in the Eyes (y) Thanx for that.
What would the shot look like with the whole head ??? :) (I still had to ask) ;)

(RE The crop: Still a cracking shot Brittany hope you didnt mind me asking)

That's a lovely shot, nice soft lighting and the eyes really stand out (y)(y)

Only one thing stands out for me, her eyelashes are just a little too close to the frame.

Nicely captured and the equal of your post a month or so back. The "hairless" crop is a little too much for me....I immediately though "Alien" but please don't tell the model !

Bob

Wow thanks for all your feedback!
About the crops I'm not too sure about the second crop but I do agree with you on the first one. Did you also adjust the colours at all Les? I seem to like them better in your crops :p

To Gibbo: I only have this shot with her head already partiall cropped out, that's how I shot it.

Thankyou for all your comments :)

Iv seen some of your photographs before and also had a brief look through some of your flickr photos and i have to say i love your work! The portraits just have a lovely quality to them, and the makeup and colours always look great. If I could ever take anything that looked like that I'd be well happy!! :)

Back