Another British GT Oulton Park Thread

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
Last edited:
Cracking set of images.

Great set, not so keen on the third one where it's partially obscured by the trees.

4th one is the best of the set for me - perfect timing, shutter speed and background without distractions

Last one is also a great capture, and technically difficuly to get a sharp image like this. I would have given up after trying for 10 minutes and failing miserably :D

I was hoping to be there Saturday for my first visit to Oulton, but family illness intervened. Your shots are excellent, and guarantee I'll be making another attempt to get there. Love the slow shutter work.

Brilliant stuff as we would expect from you mate. The 1/4s on Flickr are great, and as usual you paint a really good overall picture of the event.

Great set, not so keen on the third one where it's partially obscured by the trees.

4th one is the best of the set for me - perfect timing, shutter speed and background without distractions

Last one is also a great capture, and technically difficuly to get a sharp image like this. I would have given up after trying for 10 minutes and failing miserably :D
The through the trees shot came about because someone was already stood in the perfect place for the classic "over the bump" Druids shot. Had a few different tries at it and have some other versions of that shot where the car isn't obscured as much. As for the last one, I was stood there in the rain trying for about 10 minutes and the vast majority of shots I took failed miserably :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Brilliant stuff as we would expect from you mate. The 1/4s on Flickr are great, and as usual you paint a really good overall picture of the event.
Thank you mate, did have your stuff in mind when I was trying the slow shutter stuff at the end of race 2. I did go down to 1/2 a second but only one of those worked and even then it's borderline acceptable. This Audi shot I've put up here is by far the best I managed. Easier with the GT4 cars as they're not quite so fast as the GT3s

I was hoping to be there Saturday for my first visit to Oulton, but family illness intervened. Your shots are excellent, and guarantee I'll be making another attempt to get there. Love the slow shutter work.
Oulton is a wonderful circuit for photography, probably the best in the country for spectator side shooting. You'll love it

5 and 8 for me. Rain is brilliant for sports photography. Great set
I really like shooting in the rain, particularly sportscars with bright headlights, always makes for nice images.

Back