Taken in June 2009
C&C welcomed :)

Hover fly

hoverfly800.jpg

Bee

bumblebee800.jpg

Last edited:
Great shots. Really sharp...

Excellent shots and they bring back the memory of summer too (y)

Thanks Edsport and Alby for having a look and also for your positive comments :)

These are 2 more excellent captures!(y) - can you tell me the lens settup used here

I am going to be looking for a Macro / Micro lens in the comming months and I would like to buy on results - Nikon fit for me and the 105 f2.8 has my attention at the moment - but I am just doing the research at the moment...

Cheers

Fantastic Captures I Really Like No.1 Very Sharp And Crisp And Great Colours Very Well Done

Kirk

Great shots, very clear and colours are spot on(y)

These are 2 more excellent captures!(y) - can you tell me the lens settup used here

I am going to be looking for a Macro / Micro lens in the comming months and I would like to buy on results - Nikon fit for me and the 105 f2.8 has my attention at the moment - but I am just doing the research at the moment...

Cheers

Thanks very much for your comments Bill :)
As I mentioned above these shots were taken with the the (excellent IMHO) DFA 100 f/2.8 macro http://www.bdimitrov.de/kmp/lenses/p...2.8-Macro.html
Both were hand held although if it's possible I would recommend using a tripod (difficult with insects) it certainly helps keep the shot count down (depth of field is so small with macro);)

I would recommend going for around 100 mm as a minimum particularly if you are planning to should insects and alike (keeps a healthy distance between the subject and the objective). Extension tubes are also a useful addition.

I'm not really up to speed on Nikon macros but the Sigma 105 or the Tamron 90 are both excellent lenses and cost effective with it. If you can afford it I understand the Sigma 180 would be even better (again more distance between the subject).

Back