Another Daft Lightroom 1 Question....

Name
James Stockton
Edit My Images
Yes
EDIT - Title should be Lightroom 2 not 1. Damn its getting late :LOL:

When I have imported all my photos into LR2, you click on All Photographs in Library mode and this displays them in chronological order.... I have just edited some in LR and then opened into CS3 from LR2 to edit a little more and then saved. This then imports them back into the library as a seperate file (you following this?) but for some reason seems to put in the wrong order, for example....

I have them displayed with my most recent at the top and oldest at the bottom but these new images saved from CS3 seem to appear at the bottom along with the oldies?

Any ideas? I remember reading about an issue with LR2 ages ago when it first came out and cant remember if this is one of them?

Hmmmm,

Does LR2 still have some teething problems as this thing seems to have a mind of its own?! Are any updates out for it yet?

Just keeps popping images to the back of the line, then vice versa? Either that or i've lost the plot

Are you exporting as a TIFF to photoshop? Or opening the file direct to edit in Photoshop?

One thing that it could be is if you're creating a second file it is stripping the capture time data from it, then if the files are sorted by capture time it isn't working right. Try sorting by import time, that should show if that is the case.

Hopefully someone with Photoshop and Lightroom will be able to help more than I can.

I would guess it is putting it at the end because it is a new picture as far a LR is concerned, not sure how to solve it though, i never few mine in time order sorry

Create a a seperate 'collection' for your edits and then you can arrange them in whatever order you please.
The collection appendage is on the right under folders.

When you export the files from Lightroom, do you see an option that says "Stack with original"? If so you should just need to check the box and the edits will be next to the originals. Works for me at least.

Back