Another daft question!

Name
Brian
Edit My Images
No
Is a Nikon D300 what is known as a "DX Nikon". Reason i ask is i have a D300 and have been looking at a 70-300mm DX Ed lens to use with it, apparently this lens will operate up to effectively 400mm. Its all magic to me at the moment:LOL:, any help appreciated.

Brian

Yes the D300 is a 'cropped sensor' any Nikkor lens from around 1977 on will work with it.

The 70-300mm is a 70-300mm focal length lens irrespective of which body that you put it on, do not get hung up on "its the equivalent of syndrome" that just gets confusing, and leads to pages of disagreements on here :D

Thanks for that Martyn, been reading the cameralabs review thats the problem:LOL: Seriously though it does seem to have a reputation of being a good lens, better than the sigma 70-300 i have at the moment!

Your welcome, if its the 70-300 Nikon VR it will be in a different league to the Sigma, I have read many good reviews of it.

I have to agree with the above reply. I bought a 70 - 300 VR last year for a trip to Thruxton and got some great shots of the cars. Would thoroughly recommend it. It was my first attempt at racing pics and I'm sure the lens made the difference, rather than my photographic skills!!!!!

Your welcome, if its the 70-300 Nikon VR it will be in a different league to the Sigma, I have read many good reviews of it.

Thanks again. Wish i had it yesterday, took a trip to the Thame Country Show, with the newly acquired D300, so had a lot to learn, the birds were fantastic (feathered ones of course):LOL:

Is a Nikon D300 what is known as a "DX Nikon".

Hi Brian,

Just to clarify, Nikon's Digital-SLR camera's come in two guises DX and FX. As mentioned above, 'DX' means Cropped-sensor and 'FX' means Full-Frame sensor.

There are currently three 'FX' models - D700/D3/D3x. All other Nikon Digital-SLR's are therefore 'DX' models.

Hope this helps,

Steve

Hi Brian,

Just to clarify, Nikon's Digital-SLR camera's come in two guises DX and FX. As mentioned above, 'DX' means Cropped-sensor and 'FX' means Full-Frame sensor.

There are currently three 'FX' models - D700/D3/D3x. All other Nikon Digital-SLR's are therefore 'DX' models.

Hope this helps,

Steve

It sure does Steve, thanks. All i have to do now is to use the D300:LOL:

Back