Another droplet virgin . . . advice wanted please

SarahLee

TPer Emerita
Name
Sarah
Edit My Images
No
I'm sure people get fed up of requests for C&C on these, but this is my first proper attempt (gave it a halfhearted try a few months ago)

I really should have looked at all the others on here first before just diving in with trial and error. . . and I can already see that I've taken a different approach to everyone else.
I raised the camera up above the water and had it angled down at about 45 degrees towards where the drops would hit. :bonk:

I can see now that if I'd had the camera low down and level with the water I could have put a nice background behind it. Instead I put a piece of blue paper in the bowl under the water and draped it up over the side and behind to make the background too.
I also misjudged this drop and ended up cutting some of the ripples out of the frame on this one, but this is the best I've got :(

So here we go.

WaterDrops1.jpg

The frame's because I've used this shot in another (non photography) forum, not because I think this is anything special ;)
C&C hugely appreciated - plus any tips (apart from reading the instructions in future before diving in. I already got that bit!)

Last edited:
It's not a bad image so don't beat yourself up:) My first were all blurred! You seem to have frozen the motion and I'm sure if you try some of the stuff you seemed to have sussed out your images will only get better. Good luck(y)

I would try a different angle to, try it more side on so you can see the splash more!

nice colouring ***!

also a tip i was told was to hold a pencil or spoon where the water droplet will be and manual focus on that spot, that was its going to get a good clear splash to :)

I agree to the lower angle, but you are headed in the right direction and do have an image to show so that is far better than most :) myself included.

Thats a great first attempt Sarah :clap: You could also try adding a bit of food colouring as it helps to bring out some contrast and definition in the drop.

Back