Another Filter Question

Marc

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
After my post "50mm for Landscapes?" I have another question. I never really got to use the polarizer when I bought it so I am a little unsure of the best way to use it. I know the the best angle is 90 degrees from the sun, but I notice there is a white strip around the edge of the turning bit (You can see I'm getting technical here! :woot:). Where should this be for optimum use? Will I get different effects for different placements or should I keep it in the same place all the time?

Ignore the little white line. You can see through the viewfinder when you are getting the most pleasing results. A polariser does give maximum polarisation at 90 degs to the angle of the sun.

You can use the white line for reference if you're using a non-SLR camera.:)

Cheers. So what is the little white line for? :thinking:

Presumably if you're not using an SLR. When I use one with my Xpan I hold the filter up to my eye, note the position of the white mark against the white lettering on the other ring, and screw it back on to the lens. I then realign the white mark.

Some polarisers have a scale of figures around the rim which don't seem to serve any useful purpose at all.

Back