Another from my Highland trip (Pic added x3)

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
No
Taken on Gairloch beach as the sun was setting..

fb4dd7c1.jpg

1d951ca0.jpg

fcb4904e.jpg

RedCuillins4.jpg

Please let me know what you think, plenty more to come just finding the time to PP

Mike

Last edited:
Mike, for me this is probably your best yet . I can see a common theme through all your landscapes and you are really mastering it.

i love the DOF, and initially thought that overall it was a tad purple, but no after a few minute it seems spot on (y)

i'm no expert but i like what i see!

Thanks all for the comments, the shot was taken as the sun was setting behind me using nd grads and a 20 sec exposure. The only adjustments made were mainly to lower the redness as it was really red at time of shot. It has a real pastle colour look but then that is honestly how it was at the time. I have some more of this location during the golden hour and will add to this thread when i get the chance.

Beautiful!
Somebody else mentioned the purple......
I would like to see a bit less purple. But it's still a great shot.

#2 is just LUSH :love:

Love No 2 but for me it needs a little fg interest, not much maybe a couple of the larger pebbles from the other 2 images. Nice set though.

Andy

Love No 2 but for me it needs a little fg interest, not much maybe a couple of the larger pebbles from the other 2 images.

Oh contrare mon amee...! It's like an impressionist painting or something left as it is. Monsewer Turner would have loved it. :D

Nice work Mike....Like the zingy first one.

As for 4 the foreground is much of a muchness...Not really enough to hold the attention,and the stones could do with being in the left third to provide an anchor point..as it is, you look past the interest to the sea line.

Also the horizon is very central ,which works when the foreground is strong but unbalances the image because of the foreground composition.

Imo;)(y)

Beeyooteefool. (y) Up there with #2 imho.

See, I told you it needed pebbles :LOL:

Lovely image, that sky is stunning and the beach sweeping away to meet it is excellent.

Andy

Nice set great skies but too much colour caste. However, I would love to see the 3 grey/green pebbles on No3 lower right given more saturation, it would counterbalance the rest of the scene.

Thanks all for your comments, i agreee 4 could have done with the horizon not been central, i couldnt decide so left it un crop'd, maybe if I had been a little further back i could have used the FG more and reduced the sky :thinking:

Anyway thanks all for the helpful and ego building comments, it all helps for fools like me who are still new to this and i really appreciate your honest opinions. Thats it for this thread, have some very RED shots down the far end of the beach as the sun dissappears so will get them up in a new thread when i get the chance.

Mike

Back